300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good job while you wait

I am currently unemployed and I was just wondering what some would recommend as a job that will kind of prepare you for law enforcement.

Sorry to hear that you are unemployed at the moment. I will say this. Just go out and get a job that you will enjoy and can stay working there for sometime, so that when you do apply somewhere, you have some work history behind you. Get a job that you can acheive in, so that it will also project that you are possibly a good worker and all. To get into LE, for Police work that is, you do not need Security/Loss Prevention work behind you. Good luck in the job search.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Any job is better than no job.

Comment

Hmmmm, a job that will prepare you for LE-------How bout--------

Garbageman

You will be dealing with human garbage your whole career so get used to it.

DeltaCop
        "For those who fight for it, Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know"

Unknown Marine
        Khe Sanh

Comment

C/O county jail

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaCop
            Hmmmm, a job that will prepare you for LE-------How bout--------Garbageman
            True, if you want to prepare for life as a cop, you should learn to be a garbageman, a babysitter, a mental health counselor and an actor.
            You will perform all these functions and many more.
            “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

where do you apply to be a garbage man i'm just kidding............

Comment

In a lot of cities a garbageman makes more than the police do. (NYC is one I believe)

DeltaCop
                "For those who fight for it, Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know"

Unknown Marine
                Khe Sanh

Comment

I would look for a hospital that has a good Security Department. I currently work in a hospital while I wait to get into LE, and I love it. We are a very LE minded organization here, and we deal with everything from drugs, guns, psychiatric patients, and I have developed a very strong relationship with every Police Department that comes through the hospital.

References and inside tips on who is going to be hiring will be your friend...

Comment

Just find a job where your under appreciated and people yell at you alot. Keep in the back of your mind while these same people are giving you the business that one day they will be doing it from your back seat.
                    State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Job that will prepare you for law enforcement? Heres some that are a tad easier to get into right away depending if you want Federal or State.

Federal: Federal Bureau of Prisons
                      County: Sherrifs Dept.
                      State: State Corrections Officer
                      State: If you have a degree, Probations/Parole Officer

Last chance nothing else? Security...Local Hospital, Firm, you can even work for a security comapnt in the yellow pages but youll kick yourself for that. Thats a last choice. Go for the hospital as number 1, then Pharmacutical Companies and such.

Good Luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10835 users online. 383 members and 10452 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X