300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas PD Shortage!!!!

I have heard on here more than once that DPD was short on officers. I had heard around 250 short, BUT yesterday I was speaking with a DPD Sgt on the phone, (in a precint, not the recruiter) and he told me that DPD is 1100 officers short. That is one thousand one hundred, and that they are hiring like crazy this year trying to get their numbers up. I guess that explains there massive recruitment and advertisement efforts. Now might be a good time to get in with them. Take it for what it's worth, he could have been full of crap, but it didn't seem that way.

"The beatings will continue until morale increases"

I happened to see an ad on 911hotjobs.com for Dallas. I was interested in applying, but I need my dd-214 before I apply, so that will have to wait until April. I also did see something about a 1000 dollar bonus after completing the academy.

Comment

No need for dd-214

RZ,

You do not need your dd-214 to apply, I am still active myself, they said they want one before giving the final blessing to hire though. They said they would accept a letter of service from your installation seperations officer, until they received the 214.

Comment

Short Handed

I would love to get on a bigger department but dont want to move to Texas to do it.
        Yeah whatever!!!! Tell it to the judge!!!!

Comment

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_...027223156.html

Jan 27, 2006
          Dallas Police Looking For New Recruits

J.D. Miles
          Reporting

(CBS 11 News) Police recruiting is a national problem, and the latest recruiting efforts by the Dallas Police Department have fallen short of the department

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12330 users online. 450 members and 11880 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X