300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and cons on MARTA Police in Atlanta

Does anyone have information on the MARTA Police. Pros and cons.
    Thank you

Originally posted by kevin3060
    Does anyone have information on the MARTA Police. Pros and cons.
    Thank you
    Marta isn't a bad agency. I know a lot of the people that work there, and they are pretty good group. Covering all the Metro train stations, bus stations is a pretty large task. They have all your standard police work being they are in the heart of the Metro Atlanta area. They have jurisdiction as "state officers" to a degree, being that MARTA covers several counties surrounding the Metro Atlanta area. No take home vehicles so making it into either K-9 or the Motor Unit is a plus, being they get take home vehicles. The salary starts around 30K to 35K. You will get all the big city policing you want.
    God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Pretty dangerous from what I here. Backup is far away and the radios don't work in the tunnel system.
      "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

I have HEARD that they are basically security because they call Atlanta for all the big calls.. I have also heard they are having a lot of budget problems, so I would be afraid to go there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9393 users online. 312 members and 9081 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X