Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about getting hired

Hey guys/gals
    I am interested in applying in law enforcement, My background is clear of any felonys/misdemeanors. The only thing that has me worried is my credit and marijuana use. I have a reposessed car on my credit report? Every other thing is pretty good. What type of drug test do they use, is it hair, urine, blood or saliva?

if i wer u i'll start taking care of the credit stuff...check ur credit score see what's ur standing then make the necessary fix right away...MJ use, hmmmmmmmm just be honest with them. We all made mistakes so let them know why u did it and when and steps taken to overcome that issue.

Comment

As far as marijuana, how many times did you use it; how old were you when you used it; and when was the last time you used it? Did you ever sell drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by t_shaq15
        Hey guys/gals
        I am interested in applying in law enforcement, My background is clear of any felonys/misdemeanors. The only thing that has me worried is my credit and marijuana use. I have a reposessed car on my credit report? Every other thing is pretty good. What type of drug test do they use, is it hair, urine, blood or saliva?
        You are asking in the wrong place if you want to know what "they" test for...! If you have currently used any illegal drugs, I would suggest that you stay away from applying anywhere. As far as your credit goes. How long ago was your car repoed? If it was recent, again, I would give some time to apply.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Hey guys/gals
          If you have to ask what kind of drug test you will be given...then you might what to think about a different career. Sounds like you still have a problem.
          If life gives you lemons....Go find someone who life gave vodka. {Ron White}

Comment

Reply to worried about getting hired

I dont want to know so I could go get some detox or anything. I currently do no use drugs (only one used was MJ) and that was when I was younger. I was asking because I was told that the test they do go back five years and if it does I was 18 years old. I tried it but I didnt sell it or continue to do it. I realized what I wanted in life and knew what I had to throw away, and that was one of them. My car was repossesed in 2002, I now have a car that is current, but I have not made an effort to clear up the other car as of yet.

Comment

I dont want to know so I could go get some detox or anything. I currently do no use drugs (only one used was MJ) and that was when I was younger. I was asking because I was told that the test they do go back five years and if it does I was 18 years old. I tried it but I didnt sell it or continue to do it. I realized what I wanted in life and knew what I had to throw away, and that was one of them. My car was repossesed in 2002, I now have a car that is current, but I have not made an effort to clear up the other car as of yet.

Drugs....you need to admit it anyways(where,when,who,why) so who cares how the test you for it. Be HONEST

Credit....clear it up now and again,tell them and be HONEST about it.

All they can do is tell you no/try again in a year or two so don't sweat it too much. It's all gonna depend on their guidelines for your issues and I would guess everywhere is different.
              Leave Space Empty

Comment

All they are looking for is honesty and a previous history of reasonable responsibility. Everyone makes mistakes just be honest. An indiscretion here and there isn't a big deal. Excuses and lies are. Just fess up to everything and take responsibility. As for pot, not a big deal. Usually has to have been at least 3 years ago and never as a sworn officer, if you have previous experience.
                "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9907 users online. 500 members and 9407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X