300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery County Police

Can anyone give me the some info including the pros and cons about this department. I'm interested in applying and am curious. Thanks in adnvance

I know they pay well. THat's all I know.

Comment

Originally posted by AJK0108
      Can anyone give me the some info including the pros and cons about this department. I'm interested in applying and am curious. Thanks in adnvance
      You must have at least your AA degree or 60 credits. They are very selective, but are one of, or at least the top paying LE Agency in Maryland. As far as the pros and cons, can't really say. I will say that the officers I know with the department love it and will retire from there.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Pay is pretty good, take-home cars after training. It's a county department, so there's lots of room for advancement & lots of different things to get into. Pretty diverse area, you have urban, suburban, & some rural areas. Haven't really heard anything bad about them, unlike their neighbors to the southeast.
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

i have a few friends who work for Montgomery County. All but one love it, and another would go back to where he worked before, but can't afford the paycut. it's not that he doesn't like it, he just likes where he worked before better. depending on what district you are assigned to, you can be either on the dc and pg lines getting into some good stuff, or in bethesda or potomac in some of the richest neighborhoods in the nation, or in upper montgomery county in very rural areas.....the county has a little of everything. once i finish my degree, that's the place i'd want to transfer to.......but until then i'm stuck right where i'm at. i don't think you can go wrong with montgomery county.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9693 users online. 473 members and 9220 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X