300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one has me stumped

I had a friend of mine ask me if he could get into law enforcement with a felony arrest, no conviction the case was dropped and expunged, the records were destroyed. He says he was arrested spent 1 night in jail bailed out and no warrant was signed by the guy who asked the sheriff to arrest him. I asked if he sued the guy for false arrest but he didn't. It sounded strange to me so I asked him what it was for just for my own curiosity, this is the funny part, it was for for shooting a cow. I couldn't help it I just broke out laughing. He says it was running at his girlfriend and he shot it. I wouldn't think that would be a crime, it should be justified. I don't see any reason that would keep him from getting a job. He then showed me the job he wanted online and sure enough it says no felony arrests as a requirement. I pointed out I had never seen no felony arrests as a requirement, only no convictions. I told him just apply somewhere else and don't worry about it, if he can get a secret security clearance he could get hired by a pd. Is there anything else I am missing that I can tell the bullslayer.

Although he can get a "security clearance" does not guarantee anyone a job in LE. Those are almost worthless when it comes to getting hired. A Conviction and being arrested can be seen two different ways. Yes he was arrested, however you say the charges were dropped, etc. So he was not convicted. However, he will run into a problem with a lot of departments for even being arrested for a Felony.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I would love to hear the details... he just happened to be taking a stroll through a cow pasture with his girlfriend... and a gun?

It could be hard to get hired in LE with being charged with a felony, especially if it involves a gun, but with those circumstances, who knows. At least if he marries the girl he has a funny story to tell the kids...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Is Blue
        I would love to hear the details... he just happened to be taking a stroll through a cow pasture with his girlfriend... and a gun?

It could be hard to get hired in LE with being charged with a felony, especially if it involves a gun, but with those circumstances, who knows. At least if he marries the girl he has a funny story to tell the kids...
        From what he told me it was his girlfriend's trailer and they had let the cows out of the pasture, and they were shooting a shotgun at a old truck and the bull jumped the fence, she ran, it chased her, and he shot it. Hell it was Alabama thats about what I picture Alabama to be like.

I asked him for some hamburgers and steaks, but he said he didn't get anything from it. not even a cowhide rug can you believe that. Hell I would have taken the horns or something, mounted that cow on my wall.

I guess he broke up with this girl because she couldn't tell the truth if it bit her on the ***. I do know that I have met her before. As for everything else I can't confirm it but it makes for a good funny story. I have no reason to doubt it though he's a good guy.

Comment

[QUOTE=americanoutdrsm]From what he told me it was his girlfriend's trailer and they had let the cows out of the pasture, and they were shooting a shotgun at a old truck and the bull jumped the fence, she ran, it chased her, and he shot it. Hell it was Alabama thats about what I picture Alabama to be like.

I asked him for some hamburgers and steaks, but he said he didn't get anything from it. not even a cowhide rug can you believe that. Hell I would have taken the horns or something, mounted that cow on my wall.

QUOTE]

LOL! That is classic..How do you know if your a redneck?

Comment

"Oh my god, its coming right for us!" From Southpark, lol

I think there may be more to this story than you are getting from your friend. Sounds to me like a prank gone wrong.
            "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5559 users online. 247 members and 5312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X