300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHS,FEMA-Police

Can anyone give me information on the duties, rights, work and benefits of a FEMA Police Officer with the Dept. of Homeland Security? I would like to learn more about this job classification. It sounds like a good federal LEO job.
    In God we trust, everyone else we search!

Originally posted by five04zog
    Can anyone give me information on the duties, rights, work and benefits of a FEMA Police Officer with the Dept. of Homeland Security? I would like to learn more about this job classification. It sounds like a good federal LEO job.
    You would be guarding the FEMA HQ outside of DC. I know that some of them did deploy for Katrina.....

Comment

The FEMA job announcement said multiple openings in Loudoun County, VA. It mentioned a FEMA complex/land/reservation in that area, not DC headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by five04zog
        The FEMA job announcement said multiple openings in Loudoun County, VA. It mentioned a FEMA complex/land/reservation in that area, not DC headquarters.

Loudon County is outside of DC that PPDMO mentioned. It is called Mount Weather and they do alot of security work. Lots of gates. I think they took all the bells and whistles off of their patrol cars.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

thanks for the info. Please keep it coming

Comment

I have a buddy that worked at FEMA, the money is great but the job sucks. It's all post work no real LE duties.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your information. I Work for the BOP right now. I only took the job to get my foot into federal law enforcement. The problem is that it is in the Dept. of Justice. I have been looking at the Dept. of Home Land Security and this is the path I would like to take. It looks like they prefer recruits (for some key jobs) from within DHS only. An example would be the announcements I have seen for Immigration Enforcement Agent.

My point is that if I were lucky enough to land a job with the DHS, FEMA Police it could make it easier to get some of the other DHS jobs I have been interested in. Could any of you Dept. of Homeland Security employees confirm or debunk this for me?

As for law enforcement duties over security type duties on the job, I do not care. I am getting older now and had enough excitement in previous LEO jobs and it gets old. Once again, thanks for everyone

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7961 users online. 416 members and 7545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X