300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clenbuterol Question in Ask a Cop Forum

Your BS meter should be going off, because Clenbuterol (AKA Nolvadex), which is not itself an anabolic steroid, is exactly what steroid using body builders use to minimize the feminizing effects of post steroid cycle decreased natural testosterone production and the resulting estrogen imbalance that causes gynecomastia ("bitch tits"), when they come off their steroid cycles, until their natural testosterone production kicks back in again.

I wouldn't say that nobody ever takes Nolvadex by itself, but the vast majority of people who take it use it to come off steroids, not as a fat cutter, by itself. He should probably expect more detailed inquiries into the steroid use questions in his poly packet.
    Last edited by ProWriter; 02-10-2006, 02:38 PM.
    No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Originally posted by ProWriter
    Your BS meter should be going off, because Clenbuterol (AKA Nolvadex), which is not itself an anabolic steroid, is exactly what steroid using body builders use to minimize the feminizing effects of post steroid cycle decreased natural testosterone production and the resulting estrogen imbalance that causes gynecomastia ("bitch tits"), when they come off their steroid cycles, until their natural testosterone production kicks back in again.
    Actually clenbuterol has nothing to do with nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate), and you're right, it is not steroidal. It's actually a sister drug to Albuterol (the asthma medication) with a longer active life in the body. People take it to lose weight. While it's not a scheduled drug (illegal), it's not FDA approved to even be prescribed in the US (legal with prescription). My point is, I'm not sure how likely someone is to even be charged with use or posession.

As for Nolvadex, a lot of people recommended using it for post cycle after prohormones and formerly legal steroids such as M1T, so it by no means automatically indicates illegal steroid use.
    Last edited by 351; 02-10-2006, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0351
      Actually clenbuterol has nothing to do with nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate), and you're right, it is not steroidal. It's actually a sister drug to Albuterol (the asthma medication) with a longer active life in the body. People take it to lose weight. While it's not a scheduled drug (illegal), it's not FDA approved to even be prescribed in the US (legal with prescription). My point is, I'm not sure how likely someone is to even be charged with use or posession.

As for Nolvadex, a lot of people recommended using it for post cycle after prohormones and formerly legal steroids such as M1T, so it by no means automatically indicates illegal steroid use.
      Actually, M1T is no longer legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iam108
        Actually, M1T is no longer legal.
        That's why I said "formerly legal"

Comment

Originally posted by 0351
          That's why I said "formerly legal"
          I obviously didnt get enough sleep last night.

So how is life in Auburn? I lived there for 5 years.

Comment

thanks for the info
            Last edited by premedbh; 02-28-2006, 11:27 AM.
            Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by premedbh
              I'm actually the one who made that post in the "Ask a Cop" forum. Why should the BS meter be going off? "He should probably expect more detailed inquiries into the steroid use questions in his poly packet." You should really do research on clenbuterol, if you plan to make a post, before you make yourself look like an idiot. Go study beta receptors, bronchodilation and half-lives for a start, then make an educated post relating to the topic.
              No kidding. Premed, you need to relax a bit instead of assuming a post was intended to be insulting or antagonistic. My earlier post about "your BS meter" going off was directed TO you (as in YOUR BS meter, Pal), and not ABOUT you and other people's BS meters, OK?

I'm not "researching" Clenbuterol, because the topic here was the potential hiring process implications of using it, not biochemistry, and I didn't purport to make any points ABOUT biochemistry. I'm just telling you that the potential hiring implications of your friend's admitting to using Clenbuterol are likely to be greater interest in the steroid questions, too. Depending on how well you know the friend, YOUR BS meter might also go off about steroids once someone admits to other performance enhancing drug use.

Personally, I have no problem with (adult) athletes using performance enhancing drugs unless they compete in drug free events. But I don't draw the huge philosophical distinction between "steroids" and "non-steroids" that some people do, as though one is a moral issue and an act tantamount to suicide and the other relatively "OK." There are also degrees of anabolic steroid use that are comparably safe.

Here's a typical body building steroid site, that is intended to document what body builders typically do with Clenbuterol. I offer no opinion, and make no idiotic claims about the accuracy of its information, because (again) the topic is inferences likely to be made about a candidate who admits to using it, and not biochemistry or pharmacology.
              Typical Body Building Clenbuterol Advice
              Last edited by ProWriter; 02-10-2006, 06:26 PM.
              No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

thanks for the info
                Last edited by premedbh; 02-28-2006, 11:30 AM.
                Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

Comment

If you're asking whether there's a specific list of disqualifying non-steroid performance/bodybuilding drugs like Clenbuterol, Nolvadex, Clomid, etc, there probably isn't, just as they don't usually (if ever) list individual anabolic steroids and OTC meds they way the NCAA and NFL do. I filled out a VERY detailed poly packet for LVMPD that asked about ever using ANY prescription drug that wasn't prescribed for you or ever misusing any prescription drug for anything other than its intended medical purpose. It's probably not an automatic DQ in many places, but it's probably a Federal crime and also a criminal offense in some states, which also impacts the "undetected crimes" question(s). In any case, if the hiring pool is large and qualified, it doesn't exactly help, especially if it was anytime recently.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13051 users online. 492 members and 12559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X