X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• five04zog
    started a topic Detention Enforcement Officer (DEO), US Marshals

Detention Enforcement Officer (DEO), US Marshals

Can anyone give me information on the duties, rights, work and benefits of a Detention Enforcement Officer (DEO) with the US Marshals? I would like to learn more about this job classification. It sounds like a good stepping-stone into the Marshals. Thanks...
    Last edited by five04zog; 02-02-2006, 11:00 PM.

• KJB
    commented on 's reply
    That's the one I applied to. I was in the process for it when ICE-ERO hired me.

• KJB
    commented on 's reply
    it is a 5/7 spot. You automatically get GS-7 after a year as a 5 but don't progress past the 7 without competing.

• Camelbak
    commented on 's reply
    From what I understand, you start as 5 and go to 7 non-competitive. After that there is a supervisory DEO which is 9 and finally a lead DEO that is 11.

• azcactus42
    replied
    I have someone that I work with that just left for a USM DEO position. He swears that the job was recently changed to 7/9/11. I don't believe him. Does anyone know if this is true??

Leave a comment:

• Tommyjd78
    commented on 's reply
    What vacancy announcement? I applied to the July 2018 nation wide announcement and I want to get somewhere in AZ.

• Camelbak
    replied
    It seems like I'm caught up now. e-QIP/fingerprints, drug test, and medical are done. I even drove 600 miles to do my drug test (San Diego to Phoenix and back). So, everything on my end is completed and now it's just the waiting game.

Leave a comment:

• Tommyjd78
    replied
    Interesting. Didnt even know about this one. Mine for the July 2018 said many vacancies nation wide. Good luck bro!

Leave a comment:

• Camelbak
    commented on 's reply
    It was Sep 2018 and it was 36 vacancies. That's the most I ever seen for this position.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510125200

• Tommyjd78
    replied
    Opening in Sept 2018? 2017? Was that a recent grad announcement? Or which was it something different? I applied to the July 2018 announcement

Leave a comment:

• Camelbak
    commented on 's reply
    I applied for the opening in September and I was referred in October. I got a call in December asking me if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and they said I might or might not hear back from them. Then fast forward all the way to April and I get the email and call for a tentative offer.

I'm grateful to get this. I honestly thought I was out of the running since I didn't hear anything for the longest time.

• Tommyjd78
    commented on 's reply
    What vacancy and date did you apply? Either way that is good news! Good for you man!

• Camelbak
    replied
    Looks like I'm playing catch up, well it seems that way at least. I'm do my drug test, fingerprints, and e-QIP all this week. At least the process seems to be moving fast.

Leave a comment:

• FORMER_USBP
    replied
    Congrats. I pray that I receive an offer for Laredo, Texas.

Leave a comment:

• Camelbak
    replied
    I talked to HR today. I was selected for San Diego. So next comes medical and background. Nothing wrong with me medically and I've had plenty of background investigations already from the military and other FLEO. So things are looking good.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7202 users online. 341 members and 6861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X