300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycfed View Post
    None of us know for sure, but the aviation enforcement officers just were moved over to the 1801 series and were given raises to gs-11 and supervisors to gs-12,

AEO'S and DEO's go to the same training so lets see.
    Wow, if they open AEO I am there. That would put their pay pretty close to DUSMs.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I just wanted to ask a few questions about the DEO. I'm looking to try and become a DEO but I have no experience. I was told( by The Kansan) in another thread I should apply for the BOP. I did that and had received a score of 79. I'm sure thats not that great and all. What i'm wondering is how long should I work for the BOP(if I get the job down the line) before I even try and apply for the DEO position?

Also i was wondering what type of training is done as far as testing goes during the BOP and DEO training process?
      Last edited by FutureUsMarshal; 03-10-2010, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what kind of training DEO's go thru at fletc ? I see on the marshals website it just says it is 3 weeks but not what it consist of or how hard it is. The woman in the picture on the DEO page looked pretty healthy so I would assume it could not be that hard of training. I have 7 years in the BOP and am just getting burned out . It would be a pay cut for me if I did get hired on as a DEO but I would be willing to take the cut in pay , I am very seriously thinking of applying for a DEO spot in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihatethugs View Post
          Does anyone know what kind of training DEO's go thru at fletc ? I see on the marshals website it just says it is 3 weeks but not what it consist of or how hard it is. The woman in the picture on the DEO page looked pretty healthy so I would assume it could not be that hard of training. I have 7 years in the BOP and am just getting burned out . It would be a pay cut for me if I did get hired on as a DEO but I would be willing to take the cut in pay , I am very seriously thinking of applying for a DEO spot in the near future.

I was wondering the same thing you were.

Comment

• I would'nt worry to much about it, 3 weeks of training for this position cant be to rough. This position is for people with experiance so I imagine, that your in shape and already poses the skills needed.
            "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Put my application in for the position in East St. Louis. We'll see what happens.
              What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• East st Louis ? Where did you find that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                  East st Louis ? Where did you find that?
                  http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...7+09%3a34%3a00
                  What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I grew up in East ST. Louis and the surrounding area. For those of you who don't know East St. Louis is actually a city in IL and not part of St. Louis. In case any of you who applied are unfamiliar with the area it is a gang, crack house, murder, rape, prostitute infested for about 10 miles in each direction from the East St. Louis Federal Building. During the summers it is not unusual to find several corpses lying in alley ways and dumpsters around the area. I would advise you not to walk off the federal building property at any time. If you go for an interview make sure you park in the secure lot. If by chance you park somewhere out of sight you will probably return to no car. If you want a little preview of the East St. Louis area go to youtube and type in East St. Louis. Try the link below it really gives you an overview of the area. I know what your going to be thinking, there must be a good part of town, WRONG! I am telling you this because I wouldn't want any of you to drive down there for an interview and find yourselves in middle of hell on earth unexpectedly, If you can carry under LEOSA I would highly reccomend it! Make no mistake East St. Louis is a war zone and those of us with badges are not respected, we are targets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2q3vqTiFHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzqeJ...eature=related

Comment

• Reminds me of some areas in Baltimore.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
                        I grew up in East ST. Louis and the surrounding area. For those of you who don't know East St. Louis is actually a city in IL and not part of St. Louis. In case any of you who applied are unfamiliar with the area it is a gang, crack house, murder, rape, prostitute infested for about 10 miles in each direction from the East St. Louis Federal Building. During the summers it is not unusual to find several corpses lying in alley ways and dumpsters around the area. I would advise you not to walk off the federal building property at any time. If you go for an interview make sure you park in the secure lot. If by chance you park somewhere out of sight you will probably return to no car. If you want a little preview of the East St. Louis area go to youtube and type in East St. Louis. Try the link below it really gives you an overview of the area. I know what your going to be thinking, there must be a good part of town, WRONG! I am telling you this because I wouldn't want any of you to drive down there for an interview and find yourselves in middle of hell on earth unexpectedly, If you can carry under LEOSA I would highly reccomend it! Make no mistake East St. Louis is a war zone and those of us with badges are not respected, we are targets!
                        I am well aware of East St. Louis, and just because you work there doesn't mean you have to live there. I would move to Missouri suburbs and commute there.
                        What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I'm actually from close to East St Louis, and if you wanna live somewhere close that is nice, I suggest fairview heights, Illinois. My bosses are in there 60's and spend alot of time there it's not that bad....

Comment

• Just wanted to make sure any fellow LEO's didn't walk into something they weren't ready for. I would suggest living on the IL side also. In Missouri you have to pay property tax yearly on any car, boat, motorcycle and so on you own. In IL you pay sales tax at the time of purchase and that's it. Home prices and rent are cheaper on the IL side also. Gas is more due to a higher tax in IL but the cost of living in IL is alot cheaper than MO unless you live far outside St. Louis City. Also you do not want to deal with the traffic of trying to cross the bridge everyday it's horrible. If one car stalls on the bridge (happens quite a bit) the entire bridge goes to a crawl. I would suggest Fairview Heights, O'fallon, Shiloh, and the outskirts of Belleville, Edwardsville, Troy. Stay away from Venice, Brooklyn (good strip clubs), Washington Park (good strip clubs), Centerville (good strip clubs), Madison, Granite City, Collinsville (is on the fence), and Caseyville (aka crazyville). If anyone has any questions on the area I will be happy to answer them just PM me.

Comment

• I see East St. Louis has one vacancy for this annoucement....do they keep your application and rating on file for other openings with DEO throughout the US or is this just for E St Louis?
                              ICE SA

Test: July 2009
                              NOR: Sept 2009
                              Interview: Nov 2009
                              NOR: Dec 30, 2010
                              TO: Jan 3, 2011
                              Medical: Jan 14, 2011
                              Drug Screen: Jan 26, 2011
                              Cleared all Pre-Employment Checks Feb 23, 2011
                              Met with BI: March 9, 2011
                              BI Complete: April 26, 2011

Comment

• Calm down East Saint isn't that bad! I live in O' Fallon, IL and I agree ESTL isn't a place I would say go live but they aren't finding dead bodies all over the place. I was hoping I was the only who caught that job! Good luck to whoever applied.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10976 users online. 469 members and 10507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X