X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only about my score in the NOR....
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• Just wanted to put out some info. I just had my interview for the DEO position in DC on Wednesday, 2-10. even got stuck in DC during that snowstorm! had to walk 5 blocks to get to the bldg for the interview but it was worth it. I applied in Nov. 09 and received a call for interview appointment in Jan. So we shall see how it turns out. good luck to anyone else in the process. it is long and annoying, i've done it before.

Comment

• Congrats....

Comment

• DC is the HARDEST place to work for a DEO. Go there talk to the guys, get a feel for it.
          Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.
          --August 31, 1864 Speech to 148th Ohio Regiment

Comment

• DEO NOR question

I have applied to the USMS DEO position. I received a NOR in late January. It says I got a 87 rating and grade 7. I would imagine that I received 87 points for the GS7 position. So does anyone know what is next? From what I've heard this rating is given instead of taking a test. I'm just confused becasue I dont know if I'm supposed to be doing anything else or if I should of contacted someone to set something up? I've never just gotten a NOR. I've read the pages about the position and I did not see any thing that helps me. Thnaks

Comment

• They'll call you for an interview when the time comes. Be patient its the GOVT!
              Last edited by Broad St. Bully; 02-27-2010, 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I just had two interviews in one day for a DEO position. Hopeing that was a good sign.

Comment

• I have a few questions. First of all I got a rating of 94 and didnt get an NOR, so curious about the rating system. Secondly, how often do they hire for DEO's or AEO's. I am curious I mean there has got to be turnover, so what gives?

Comment

• Does anyone have a working number to HR?
                    Recently moved and would like to update my current tx with someone from HR.
                    If you can help out, please send me a pm.

Thanks in advance!
                    Stay safe...

Comment

• Do DEO get to take home there weapon? Also I heard something abut changes coming to the DEO and AEO? Can anyone provide more info on this.

Comment

• I was wondering on the rating system, myself. I applied for 3 different offices and received a rating of 98 each time. Each time I was told I was highly qualified, but there were applicants who are more qualified. I wasn't sure if this system was on a percentile or not.

I noticed a post that stated that getting hired as a DEO is more difficult then getting hired as a Deputy. I agree with that. There are very few offices that get DEOs and those that do have them may only have 2 or 3. Most offices use DUSMs to take care of cellblock/prisoner duties.

The Dallas office hired 2 about a year ago. At their interview they were told how hard it is for an office to get DEOs and asked them, on "Scout's Honor", not to apply for DUSM through the FCIP right away. Last October both DEOs entered the FCIP for Region 5.

The best part of the DEO job is you are officially in the system. The age cutoff no longer applies to you and your chances of promoting to DUSM are increased. At this time you would still have to go through the FCIP, though there is a possibility that the FCIP may go away.

http://www.federaldaily.com/federald...1/FD012607.htm

Also, rumor has it that the mandatory retirement age of 57 may go up to 59. This also means that the maximum applicant age would go up to 39 from 37.

Comment

• Called the Point of Contact (POC) on the announcment for the ATL, GA positions, OPM told me that the Agency desided not to hire anyone. Sucks, would have been nice to know in an email or somthing...O well onto the wait in the other processes...

Comment

• There is word through the union that changes are coming to the DEO series. This might be the reason that they cancelled the vacancies.
                            Abraham Lincoln:Nowhere in the world is presented a government of so much liberty and equality. To the humblest and poorest amongst us are held out the highest privileges and positions. The present moment finds me at the White House, yet there is as good a chance for your children as there was for my father's.

Comment

• what are some of these changes?

Comment

• None of us know for sure, but the aviation enforcement officers just were moved over to the 1801 series and were given raises to gs-11 and supervisors to gs-12,

AEO'S and DEO's go to the same training so lets see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9535 users online. 448 members and 9087 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X