Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detention Enforcement Officer (DEO), US Marshals

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I really don't see why the badge is even relevant to the conversation.

    Thanks for the info on the position manstown. Sounds interesting, but the pay is no better than the BOP, and it sounds like the duties are very similar, so I see no reason to pursue this position. I guess I will just wait until the next FCIP process for DUSM in a few years.

    I do have a quick question about DUSM 1811's. Is the journeyman pay GS-12, or GS-13?
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


    BOP - BPA - ICE

    Comment


    • #62
      As it stands right now we are journeyman 12's. I think the point that manstown was responding to was the badges are identical comment. They are identical with the exception of their size. Why this is who knows? Also, I believe the way it is set up DEO's have statutory authority while on duty. They do not have arrest authority off duty. That's why they are covered under HR 218 when it comes to off duty carry.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by USMS08610083 View Post
        As it stands right now we are journeyman 12's. I think the point that manstown was responding to was the badges are identical comment. They are identical with the exception of their size. Why this is who knows? Also, I believe the way it is set up DEO's have statutory authority while on duty. They do not have arrest authority off duty. That's why they are covered under HR 218 when it comes to off duty carry.

        Exactly!

        Comment


        • #64
          Is there any type of fit test for the DEO position?

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by MCSO5113 View Post
            Is there any type of fit test for the DEO position?
            Yes same FIT test and standards as a Deputy. Although you can fail the FIT test several times and not be kicked out of the hiring process, you just keep rescheduling it.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by rollingstone10 View Post
              Yes same FIT test and standards as a Deputy. Although you can fail the FIT test several times and not be kicked out of the hiring process, you just keep rescheduling it.


              Thank you!

              Comment


              • #67
                What is HR 218, sorry to ask such a stupid question. I got the basic jist of it but dont fully understand.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                  What is HR 218, sorry to ask such a stupid question. I got the basic jist of it but dont fully understand.
                  You dont know what HR 218 is and you're interested in Law Enforcement. I think this is the wrong field for you my friend
                  God Bless America

                  101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                  3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

                  ICE 1811
                  Applied: 6/22/09
                  Exam: 7/24/2009
                  SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                  The Call: October 26, 2010
                  PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                    What is HR 218, sorry to ask such a stupid question. I got the basic jist of it but dont fully understand.
                    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-218
                    H.R. 218:
                    Living Organ Donor Tax Credit Act of 2009
                    However I believe you are referring to LEOSA the law enforcement officers safety act.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                    BOP - BPA - ICE

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                      You dont know what HR 218 is and you're interested in Law Enforcement. I think this is the wrong field for you my friend
                      What...??? That is by far one of the stupidest things I have heard tonight.....

                      Just because someone doesn't know what HR218 doesn't make them unfit for LE....

                      Crap.....there are still 1000s of active duty LEOs out there that have no idea what HR218 is.....

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I'm with Bearcat on that one. I may have worded it a little differently, but I do agree. Have to appreciate the honesty.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by manstown View Post
                          I'm with Bearcat on that one. I may have worded it a little differently, but I do agree. Have to appreciate the honesty.
                          We all know that I tend not to beat around the bush when it comes to things.....

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Not a stupid question at all my friend. I've met plenty of people who didn't know this prior to being educated in our Academy about. If you were ALREADY a sworn LEO then I might give ya some crap about it, goop naturedly, but its no problem at all. HR 218, in simple terms was enacted in 2004, I think, or thereabouts. It allows local, state, and I believe federal (not sure about the fed one, they may carry under something different, I'm a State Trooper so I only know about the local and state level but I believe it applies to Federal as well) to carry their weapons off-duty, outside their jurisdiction, anywhere in the country. There are restrictions such as government facilities but prior to this, local and state leos had to abide by a series of MOUs or reciprocities that varied on a state-by-state basis. This used to be a horrendous problem for officers living in dc and working in VA because they used to have to leave their duty weapons in VA which is just plain wrong! I heard horror stories from some of he older guys who had to abide by it. Anyways that's it in a nutshell, the idea that Bush said was something along the lines of that just because a police officer crosses a border they are still a cop. I'm simplifying this, I know, so don't go trashing this simple ol' grunt please. Oh and you have to carry your agency ID, not your badge (I carry both) but the regulations, if you're stopped by another on-duty leo then you have to present your I'd and not badge. Ok I've beat this one to death.!
                            Mur-land

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Sorry about the typos, damn blackberry!
                              Mur-land

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                My only point for bringing up HR218 is that it was geared more towards LEO's and self defense issues then taking any off duty LE action(although obviously in extreme situations this isn't the case). Years ago, there was some issues with the DEO off duty policy but this never effected DUSM's because we have a different authority.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8219 users online. 350 members and 7869 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X