Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDK but it would be nice to get a notification with progress. Even if you don’t make the cut. Would be nice to know

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
      FORMER_USBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing here. What does your contact at the marshals say?

• Did the announcement get cancelled or are we still in the running?

Comment

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't heard anything recently. The last few times I've applied for Aviation Enforcement Officer, I've gotten referred. Then it'll go months without hearing anything and then I get an email saying sorry we picked some other people, thanks for applying. So I'm not expecting to hear anything back and I'm moving on.

• Originally posted by FORMER_USBP View Post
    Did the announcement get cancelled or are we still in the running?
    I got a Tenative Offer about a week after the shutdown ended. Ended up turning it down due to another application I accepted. So I know its still going. Good luck guys.

Comment

• Offer for what location?

Comment

• Hey y’all , this is my first post on the forum specifically for DEO. I applied Nov ‘18 and receive a Tentative offer for San Diego last week. I just submitted my Background paperwork, but HR said I should be getting a background waiver as I’m already a FLEO.

Anyways my question is, all HR said I have to do is pass my med eval and background and then I’ll receive my final offer for employment. HR said nothing of a FIT test or anything else required. Additionally, all me friends for BOP that know people that are now DEO’s have said the FIT test is not what the DUSM and USM take...just as easy at the BOP PT test.

Anyone know any updated info on this process as I know things have changed the past 10yrs. Thank you

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
          FORMER_USBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you not have to interview? I applied for the September and October 2018 and only received an interview for Laredo Texas around November. I haven’t heard anything since that interview. Congrats on receiving a tentative offer.

• gmvargas2018
          gmvargas2018 commented
          Editing a comment
          When did you interview? And was in person or over the phone?

Thanks

• MaxD1207
          MaxD1207 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no FIT test for the DEO position. Not sure what you mean by DUSM and USM FIT test.

• In November. In person at Laredo Texas.

Comment

• Didn’t get an interview. I’m scheduled for my med exam next tuesday and Friday. Already submitted my background paperwork. Now to sit and wait.

Comment

• MaxD1207, deputy us Marshal and US Marshal, they both have the same FIT test requirements

Comment

• MaxD1207
              MaxD1207 commented
              Editing a comment
              DUSMs have a FIT requirement. US Marshals do not. US Marshals are SES category.

• So can anyone who knows for sure comment on the FIT (or no FIT) requirements for this DEO position? It seems like some people are saying they are the same as DUSM's and some people are saying they are not... or there are not FIT requirements all together..

Comment

• MaxD1207
              MaxD1207 commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no FIT requirement for the DEO position. DUSMs have a FIT requirement during the hiring process and every 6 months after becoming a DUSM for the duration of their USMS career.

• Rakkasan_FLEO
              Rakkasan_FLEO commented
              Editing a comment
              Pre-Medical exam completed. Friday is the full exam with the doctor. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best. Standby to Standby.

• Max thx for the clear up. That’s good news haha, now hopefully I pass my med exam next week. When that happens I’m Scott free as I already have a background waiver in the process.

Comment

• Does anyone have an email or phone number to check the status of our hiring process?

Comment

• Rakkasan_FLEO
                Rakkasan_FLEO commented
                Editing a comment
                The person I was talking to was Ben Devine and his email is Ben.Divine@opm.gov

• FORMER_USBP
                FORMER_USBP commented
                Editing a comment
                I messaged him but he said he has nothing to with that part. He is OPM only.

• Anyone knows when will the USMS DEO positions open up again soon in 2019 this year?

Comment

• Rakkasan_FLEO
                Rakkasan_FLEO commented
                Editing a comment
                Haven't heard anything. From what I've seen the past couple of years, It's once every couple years. They don't hire to often.

• Well as suspected the med board needed additional approval from my VA doctor, so I'll will submit soon and hopefully get all cleared with medical.

Comment

• I was told by HR that my current status is Active Applicant. Hopefully that is good news. They also stated that I would be notified of the next process within the upcoming weeks.

Comment

• Well, I'm not out of it yet it seems. I got an email today from the HR division. They want to talk to me about the position and they are also requesting paperwork. So that seems like a good sign. I'm hoping to get this position, I'd love to work for the Marshals.

Comment

• FORMER_USBP
                    FORMER_USBP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s awesome. I guess I’m out even though they said I’m active applicant still. Who knows. I applied and was interviewed in Laredo Texas.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5798 users online. 215 members and 5583 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X