Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've have gotten word (from an inside source) marshals are going on a hiring freeze so if your taking the offer with the intent of merit promote to Deputy bare in mind it may be a while due to the freeze. Just an FYI

Comment

• my friend got an email today for DEO spot saying he was qualified but not most qualified. he has a bachelors and 12 years police experience.
      Ivan, did you see the sun rise this morningsigpic?

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
        Charger does a DEO become an 1811 DUSM? How long does this take if you started at Gl-7? And I am assuming if this is the case you get sent to FLETC again for CITP. It would be a dream come true if this was a good route to get in with the Marshals. I would be willing to put in my time. I've got four years FLEO experience and a BA. I assume I am competitve for DEO.
        No, one has to apply when merit promotions open. As for going to FLETC, one has to complete 17 1/2 weeks of training and even after training you would not come out as an 1811, that would take 3-4 years.....

Comment

• There is no sure way to get a DUSM spot as a DEO. You have to compete just like public announcements, but only against USMS employees on the merit, or internal, promotions. If you get the DEO spot, you'll go down to FLETC for DEO training. If you get hired through the internal announcement, and this isn't a sure thing many DEO's have applied and haven't made it, than you go down for CITP and BDUSM which is the 17 1/2 weeks. Making 1811 as a DUSM takes 2-3 years depending what pay grade you come in at. If you come in as a 5 it'll take 3 years. If you come in as a 7 it'll take 2 years.
          Last edited by manstown; 02-05-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
            There is no sure way to get a DUSM spot as a DEO. You have to compete just like public announcements, but only against USMS employees on the merit, or internal, promotions. If you get the DEO spot, you'll go down to FLETC for DEO training. If you get hired through the internal announcement, and this isn't a sure thing many DEO's have applied and haven't made it, than you go down for CITP and BDUSM which is the 17 1/2 weeks. Making 1811 as a DUSM takes 2-3 years depending what pay grade you come in at. If you come in as a 5 it'll take 3 years. If you come in as a 7 it'll take 2 years.
            Thanks manstown. I just heard DOJ is planning a two year hiring freeze.
            Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cnublue18 View Post
              Thanks manstown. I just heard DOJ is planning a two year hiring freeze.
              No that is not true, not even close to the truth. Our hiring is frozen until a budget is passed. Honestly, a 2 year freeze would just kill the BOP. Our turnover is just too high. Part of that has to do with the mandatory retirement age, the very nature of the work itself, and the fact that people use this agency as a stepping stone into other ones.

Right now we have a couple of empty brand new prisons that are ready to be activated before the end of the year, so imagine if they could not hire staff to fill them.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                No that is not true, not even close to the truth. Our hiring is frozen until a budget is passed. Honestly, a 2 year freeze would just kill the BOP. Our turnover is just too high. Part of that has to do with the mandatory retirement age, the very nature of the work itself, and the fact that people use this agency as a stepping stone into other ones.

Right now we have a couple of empty brand new prisons that are ready to be activated before the end of the year, so imagine if they could not hire staff to fill them.
                http://www.mainjustice.com/2011/01/2...hiring-freeze/

This article seems to point to the CR you mentioned. However this article ..http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/justi...2749770&page=1
                While we do not yet know what actions will be taken to fund the Justice Department for the remainder of the fiscal year (FY) which ends September 30, 2011, there is a realistic prospect that the Department will have to operate for the entire fiscal year at last year's levels. This presents significant budget challenges as the cost of our operations and staffing is considerably higher this year."
                A hiring freeze for the next year at least isn't too far fetched. The Fed is trying to tighten its belt and hiring freeze may be a result of that. Its happened before.
                Last edited by cnublue18; 02-06-2011, 02:09 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
                Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea how long (typically) it takes to recieve a starte date after you tenative offer of employment? I have all my pre hire stuff done for my BI and medical and stuff. Just wondering how long it normally takes. Everytime i talk to someone in HR they cant ever give me a straight answer. Thanks

Comment

• I applied to the last DEO posting in DC, I think it was December when I had the interview. I'm guessing since I haven't heard anything back that I shouldn't bother looking in the mail or wait for the phone call for the offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by federallyfunded View Post
                      Anyone have any idea how long (typically) it takes to recieve a starte date after you tenative offer of employment? I have all my pre hire stuff done for my BI and medical and stuff. Just wondering how long it normally takes. Everytime i talk to someone in HR they cant ever give me a straight answer. Thanks
                      Holy spellcheck Batman!!!
                      Ivan, did you see the sun rise this morningsigpic?

Comment

• Court Security Officers and District Security Officers. Well...we have DSO at Superior Court who help out in the cellblock, but you have to have an LE background of sorts. CSO's have to have the same background but they are the guys working in the courthouses at the doors and so forth.

Comment

• DEO's are USMS positions. DSO's are contracted positions not security company positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by RTR
                            I appreciate the response! By any chance do you know the security company that has the District Security Officer & DEO positions? Thanks
                            http://www.akalsecurity.com/cso
                            What is Perseverance?
                            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by RTR
                              Just was wondering if the Correctional Officer or Transportation Officer positions that work at the US Marshals Prison facility through a contract with GEO Group are Deputized as Special Deputies? Thanks
                              No. They are just that, contracted facilities that are not owned by the USMS. We contract bedspace from many different institutions/contract facilities.

Comment

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510125200

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11002 users online. 463 members and 10539 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X