Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone apply to Seattle, Tucson, or Yuma?
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I gave up on that crap. Got a job as a Texas state trooper....this DEO stuff is crap. The people they want wouldn't want to work for them... And the ones that do, aren't qualified enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
        I gave up on that crap. Got a job as a Texas state trooper....this DEO stuff is crap. The people they want wouldn't want to work for them... And the ones that do, aren't qualified enough.
        Congrats on the trooper gig. Honestly it will probably be a much more fulfilling career than DEO.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
          Anyone apply to Seattle, Tucson, or Yuma?
          I did, for all but Yuma. I've been a detention officer in Maricopa County here in AZ for almost 3 years and have a college degree. I've been applying for these spots since February with no luck, so we'll see.

Comment

• test test test
            Last edited by GUADCT; 08-31-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUADCT View Post
              How long did it take after you took the interview to get a Tentative Offer of Employment (TOE)?
              It took around 15 days after the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFox2 View Post
                Just received my Tentative Offer of Employment (TOE) for a DEO vacancy in AZ. Also received instructions for login in to E-Quip to start my BI.
                How long did it take after you took the interview to get a Tentative Offer of Employment (TOE)?

Comment

• I noticed there was an opening for a DEO position in a city near me (Albany NY). I was thinking about applying, but I graduate college in May 2011. I wouldn't be able to take a job before then. So, is it even worth applying for? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• You can apply and see what happens. The worst that could happen is them saying they need to fill the spot before then.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakley150 View Post
                      I noticed there was an opening for a DEO position in a city near me (Albany NY). I was thinking about applying, but I graduate college in May 2011. I wouldn't be able to take a job before then. So, is it even worth applying for? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                      Dont mean to be a Debbie downer or anything, but if you don't have any police or correctional experience, you're living on a prayer. I have a B.A., military service and two combat tours and didn't get so much as a reccomendation. The problem with the federal hiring system is the questions you're asked during the online app. process. They only pertain to people who've been in a correctional field before. However you should always try and see what happens, however I learned very early on to not put all my eggs in one basket. Good Luck!

Comment

• Is there a FIT test for the DEO position? I didn't see anything on the USMS website about it. I imagine there is, but just looking to confirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                          Dont mean to be a Debbie downer or anything, but if you don't have any police or correctional experience, you're living on a prayer. I have a B.A., military service and two combat tours and didn't get so much as a reccomendation. The problem with the federal hiring system is the questions you're asked during the online app. process. They only pertain to people who've been in a correctional field before. However you should always try and see what happens, however I learned very early on to not put all my eggs in one basket. Good Luck!
                          Yeah, I ended up applying the other day. I answered all of the questions referring to prior experience, and was only able to put "yes" for about two of them. The only experience I have with handcuffing is from work as a seasonal officer over the summer, so its not looking so good for me. I figured its worth a shot anyway!

Comment

• Do DEO's receive locality pay? I don't think they get LEAP, but I am wondering what kind of OT they get?

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
                              Do DEO's receive locality pay? I don't think they get LEAP, but I am wondering what kind of OT they get?
                              1.To your first question, yes there is a fit test, same exact requirements as deputies.
                              2.As for the locality pay, yes DEO's receive locality pay, but no leap. And how much OT u get is based on the district u work in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broad St. Bully View Post
                                1.To your first question, yes there is a fit test, same exact requirements as deputies.
                                2.As for the locality pay, yes DEO's receive locality pay, but no leap. And how much OT u get is based on the district u work in.
                                Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8724 users online. 413 members and 8311 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X