Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i keep reading the unions are discussing changing deo to law enforcement officer (LEO) and the GL Pay to GS pay? Im not sure what the diff is

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd437 View Post
      i keep reading the unions are discussing changing deo to law enforcement officer (LEO) and the GL Pay to GS pay? Im not sure what the diff is
      Ummmmmm Law enforcement officers get GL pay up to the 10 pay grade. Whatever you was reading is wrong about the pay. I dont know about the position name change, but as far as pay, WRONGGGG!!!
      God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
      3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
      Applied: 6/22/09
      Exam: 7/24/2009
      SI/WA: 3/2/2010
      The Call: October 26, 2010
      PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd437 View Post
        i keep reading the unions are discussing changing deo to law enforcement officer (LEO) and the GL Pay to GS pay? Im not sure what the diff is

DEO are already law enforcement officers. They are covered under the law enforcement retirement, have carry rights under LEOSA, and are trained at FLETC. They also are on the GL pay scale.

I know that in Kansas City they have contractors doing the DEO duties at our federal courthouses. We don't have any DEOs. It would be cool if they did more hiring for the position and offered a promotional route into DUSM positions, but that just isn't the case.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• mispost. please disregard.
          Last edited by xynder; 03-27-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• I heard about the union trying to get some changes done for the DEO too. I heard the AEO's got hooked up and they're 1801's now and they got a bunch of other in their contract. I heard the want DEO's to become 1801's as well. But beyond that I really don't know much else. The Kansan is right not every office (or District) has this position. They are considered Federal Law Enforcement Officers. I'm a happy man I got a CO this morning for FAMS. So one of my sticks caught a light! LOL But whatever comes first I'm taking!!!!

Comment

• Speaking of AEO's, when was the last time they hired?

Comment

• Just received an email saying I didn't make the cut for East St. Louis. Oh well. Didn't sound like enough of a change from the BOP anyway.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Same here, I wasn't one of the "Highly Qualified" I got rated with a score of 89 but they didn't give me my 5 vet pts. WTF??? Oh well I'm moving on! Let's go FAMS, ICE, or any of the other apps, I have in!! LOL

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out who these guys are that are highly qualified and what tree did they grow from. Nothing more depressing to be qualified but not refered. USMS doesn't know what they are missing with this guy.

Comment

• Hi, I'm new to this thread. Did anyone apply for the vacancy in Seattle? I haven't recieved any reply yet, so not sure if the vacancy was cancelled or what.

Comment

• Nope never seen anything for it. I was also "qualified but not referred" ie.. we had someone already in mind for this job.

Comment

• Well I guess the BOP is good for something, heard several got the nod with no degrees, just experience.

Comment

• I know a few guys in the BOP got offered the position but turned it down because it was a pay cut for them to go from an 8 to a 7
                            God Bless America

101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
                            3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

ICE 1811
                            Applied: 6/22/09
                            Exam: 7/24/2009
                            SI/WA: 3/2/2010
                            The Call: October 26, 2010
                            PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jlac20 View Post
                              I know a few guys in the BOP got offered the position but turned it down because it was a pay cut for them to go from an 8 to a 7
                              The position in ESTL or Seattle?

Comment

• I applied for the ESTL position and despite scoring 100 I wasn't among the most highly qualified candidates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                U.S. Border Patrol
                                Written - 09/2009 scored 92
                                Re-applied 08/2011
                                TSL-1 Received 9/07/2011
                                PFT1 - Passed - 10/11/2011
                                Medical 10/11/2011 Pending
                                Oral Board - 11/19/2011 PASSED
                                GL09 Eligible - 10-22-2011
                                TSL2 10-21-2011
                                BI - Fingerprint cards mailed 11/17/2011,
                                SF86 E-Quip submitted, BI Begins 11-31-2011
                                Medical Cleared 12/2011
                                BI submitted by investigator 12/19/2011 Cleared 6-25-2012
                                Poly 4-2012
                                Drug Test Passsed 6-25-2012
                                TSU Refered to EOD 6-25-2012
                                Waiting for the Calll!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7372 users online. 251 members and 7121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X