Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, we're in the same boat. I'm 22 and in the same position as you. I want to go federal LE in pretty much all the same agencies as you're speaking of only I have a Poli Sci degree... apparently the ATF likes poli-sci guys. But other than that I feel like I'm trying to find a needle in the haystack of jobs that I'm "supposedly" qualified for but in real competitive terms probably not. I don't know what I'm going to do... maybe go to law school and see what happens there maybe join the military and become an officer to get some experience... who knows, all I know is that the college routine is about 100 times easier than this whole job hunting thing. But I know what your saying about local LE, it just doesn't appeal to me either, except the larger departments. Well let everyone know if you turn up anything... good luck
    Carpi Diem

Comment

Originally posted by igneous
      At my age, 23, with my limited experience and just a B.S. degree, does anyone think I could avoid working for a local town PD and start at a federal agency?
      Not when you have veteran local law enforcement officers and local detectives with bachelor's and master's degrees along with federal contacts applying to the very limited number of positions. I have known a select few that have been hired out of college by FBI, ICE, etc. and that is due to their excellent academic record along with an internship at the federal agency. Not withstanding, they also provided many hours of volunteer service and other leadership positions to make them more competitive. Along side being fluent in another language, they had a lot to offer to these agencies and they were picked right up.

No hurt in trying, but you are applying against the elite of the elite.

K9

Comment

I'm thinking about applying for the NSA police position. While I know this is more of a security type job, I would think it could be either a good stepping stone to another agency, or room for advancement within the NSA. Does anyone know of anyone who's worked for them? I'm probably going to take the USCP test as well, I'm pretty open to varoius jobs, as long as they would help me further my career.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11737 users online. 403 members and 11334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X