300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE special agent theard

I was not aware if there was one already so here ill start. I have my SA test feb. 1st, has anyone taken it? i did good on my IEA test.

if you have taken it how long was it till you got the results?? I got my IEA results fast..but the SA job is the one i really want bad

any info would be great

I have taken both tests and let me say they are apple and oranges. The SA test has the same portions as the IEA test but it also has a math, which is nothing to shake a stick at, and an investigative reasoning portion. I think all 4 parts took about 4-5 hours. Try to bone up on your math. It took pretty much the same amount of time to get the results, about 6-8 weeks.

Manstown

Comment

I have the test this Wednesday. Mostly concentrating on the math, using the test prep book and Arco. Learning Express is too easy. Not really concerned that much with the other parts of the test. The IEA was good practice for the ICE S/A test. Good Luck and I will let you know how it went.
      I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by CBP1895
        I have the test this Wednesday. Mostly concentrating on the math, using the test prep book and Arco. Learning Express is too easy. Not really concerned that much with the other parts of the test. The IEA was good practice for the ICE S/A test. Good Luck and I will let you know how it went.
        Did you hear about the SA recruiting from the SAIC recruiter? Just curious.

Comment

No.........when they first started recruiting for the new ICE S/A exam it spread like wild fire thru my POE. So I applied and received a pin number to take the test. I think I passed ..............keepin my fingers crossed
          I believe forgiveness is Gods function; my job is to simply arrange the meeting.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by Nobody; 04-26-2006, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Just finished the test today, it was good, it was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Good luck to all who took it! now, the wait begins

Comment

Thanks
                Last edited by DuckHunter; 02-03-2006, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckHunter
                  Question for any immigration agents
                  I past the written, Past the physical / Med, Past the interview & drug test
                  I got a call last week to provide an address of one of my references.

What is the next step and timeline? Poly? Fletc?
                  Im thinking GA in Jun is going to be fun
                  PAST - Having existed or occurred in an earlier time; bygone: past events; in years past.

PASSED - To undergo an examination or a trial with favorable results
                  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Last edited by Nobody; 04-26-2006, 07:35 PM.

Comment

if you are referring to the IEA position, there is another theard for that, you should post there, if you are referring to ICE speical agents, then i do not know, if you are talking about the IEA position then when did you take the test????

Comment

I like Pittsburgh. I really like to the "O", Max and Erma's and Primanti? (Is that the right spelling?) Brothers. Anyway,...I understand that ICE is hiring Special Agents within the agency, and that current DHS employees may apply. It is closed the the public. I thought about applying for the IEA position but decided against it. Please no offense to those who wish to get in the door, you will be doing the work of an 1811 and not getting the same compensation of the Criminal Investigation series. Just like the rumors of the Air Marshals turning into 1811's; that may be, but that reqires more training on top of the 6-8 week training at FLETC. And I agree with Nobody, the merger was unkind the Legacy Customs. There's something wrong with doing away with an agency that WAS the oldest law enforcement agency in the United States and picking up another agencies lacking responsibilities, which by the way, the same agency was abolished by the PATRIOT ACT. Congress has passed a budget and has ordered the hiring of ICE Special Agents, BP, CBP. The IEA appear to be just the first round. Sorry for going on.

Comment

GB0610, I understand what you are talking about. IEA's go through basically the same training as SA's, just like going through CITP and CBES combined. Now there's Title 8 training, Spanish, which is something I didn't have to take, but the new agents do (No legacy agents,...the ICE agents), documents exams, and not to mention the Visa's. I was talking generally about the Air Marshals and rumors to turn them into SA's. That would require CITP training.

Comment

Does anyone know if you are still told what field office you will be assigned to before you leave for FLETC? I started the application process two and a half years ago, and that is what I was told back then... Just wondering if it still holds true.

Comment

In the old days, before ICE, USCS told you wher you were going. I was that it was a RAIC office and then during the academy it was changed. Now dyas it's like DEA. You're probably given 3 locals, and say if it's a SAIC office, you may go to the SAIC Office main location or a RAIC under it. DEA tells you before you leave. ICE tells you before or during FLETC.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4489 users online. 231 members and 4258 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X