300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD Poly

Hello everyone. This is my first post as I have been watching and reading from the sidelines for quite sometime now. I will be graduating college in May and have 5 years in the Navy with a "Top Secret" too. I am excited to move into a LE career, and because my girlfriend is from Chandler and I've always liked visiting there, I've decided to apply with Phoenix Pd and other local departments. (Although, I think I may have a sponsorship locally from a small department)

I will be coming in from St. Louis to do the written and PT portion for Phoenix Pd in Feb. sometime. My questions are:
    1) How long will this hiring continue? Is Phoenix really growing that fast?

2) I understand that I have to take a polygraph. I have absolutly nothing to hide, but I've read all these horror stories of a higher than 50% fail rate. I know I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet, but statistically, this number makes sense for such a large department too. Are there any disqualifying drugs, because I've experimented with a couple, but it was just that-experiment.....Or are they looking to test my integrity?

I have no problem letting them know what I've done, but to simply be DQ'd for something I've done so long ago really makes me nervous.

Please help me put my mind at ease. I want to do this right the first time.

Thanks again everyone,
    Mike

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8181 users online. 381 members and 7800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X