300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling police?

I am actually a nursing student right now and i plan to do travelling nursing after i graduate. i was just wondering if law enforcement had similar programs where the officers would travel to different cities across the nation to areas in need of help. the reason i ask is my boyfriend is thinking about doing law enforcement and it would be great if we could travel together. thanks.

In a time of crisis there are already many options for a state or city (national guard, ask for help from other agencies, police reserve, etc).

I'm pretty certain the answer to your question is "no." Sorry

Comment

Only as a mutual aid response and even then it is the decision of department heads to decide which officers they would send. So, no, there really isn't travelling LEO's, unless of course you're a Federal Air Marshal.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by kaykay
        I am actually a nursing student right now and i plan to do travelling nursing after i graduate. i was just wondering if law enforcement had similar programs where the officers would travel to different cities across the nation to areas in need of help. the reason i ask is my boyfriend is thinking about doing law enforcement and it would be great if we could travel together. thanks.

Even if he was in some sort of "traveling" police job, which like others said is not common, the chances of you 2 being sent to the same place at the same time have to be about like getting hit by lightning.

Comment

I've never heard of anything like that. I suppose it's because there's so much difference in police policy from department to department, much less state to state. It would be nearly impossible for someone to learn all the idiosyncracies of all the departments across the nation. Even if you're a certified officer in one state and want to work FT in another state, you usually have to go through at least a few weeks of additional training to get certified in the new state, and some require you to go through the entire academy again.

Nice thought, but I don't think you're going to have much luck finding what you're looking for.
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12715 users online. 475 members and 12240 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X