Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if i wanted to switch to US LEO?

Something i

First thing I would do if you were serious is get your Citizenship. Thats your start.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Ok good point, and i have no idea what the difference is What would i need to do to get citizenship?

I

Comment

First, you have to move here as a resident-alien. That's not hard to do. Almost anybody can. Especially if you are employable and have a job lined up.

But it takes a few years before you can acquire citizenship. It's not much more than a test and an oath, however.

It's too bad it takes so long, because we could use the help. I mean like now.

p.s. How is it you have a US passport? I have noticed that your English is exceptional for a foreigner (or for an American, for that matter).
        Last edited by SlowDownThere; 01-10-2006, 11:30 PM.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Zero
          I have a US passport (yes really) and been a cop since 1999.
          You obviously already have US citizenship, if you hold a US passport. You cannot get one without citizenship. How did you get the passport if you are not at least a dual citizen?!?!
          “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

How do you have a US passport?
            It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

My mother is American and made sure me and my brother got one. So i have dual nationalities.
              I appear every 10 years at the consulate to faithfully get my new one. When i turned 18 i even got a lettar telling me i could be called up and had to report to the USMC in Germany Last time i prolongued (sp?) my passport i told them i was a cop and had sworn an oath. It didn
              Last edited by Cold Zero; 01-11-2006, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Well, if you have dual citizenship then it really shouldn't be much of a problem except for the background investigator (or maybe he could swing a european trip out of it, LOL.) You would most likely have to go through an academy wherever you plan on working but other than that you probably have a real good shot. Best of luck to you.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

BUT, i have no US schooling, no G.E.D score or university credits.

Comment

You graduated from some high school or equivelant didn't you?
                    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Yes sir, high school, 3 year marketing school and 18 month police academy.

Comment

Sounds fine to me. A buddy of mine who was born in NY but raised in France had no problems finding a job. As long as you have the equivelant of whatever schooling they require they can work with it.

Comment

Thanks for your help. [URL=http://www.tuned-cars.net/vwgolf.html]Here

Comment

That question is relative to what you want out of the job and what areas of the country interest you. Way too many variables for anyone to make a judgement call on your behalf. How about telling everyone what kind of weather you prefer, what type of crime are you looking to go after, what kind of community will your wife accept, ect, ect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9728 users online. 372 members and 9356 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X