Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkman
    replied
    Dallas PD retirement is probably the best I have seen among pensions. If you would like to compare go to texaspensions.org and then click on directory listings it will show you all the retirement plans in texas for LE.

The formula for Dallas is (3% X avg 3 yrs high salary X years of service) that is pretty good considering the average percentage given in texas is between 2% and 2.3%.

You will contribute 8.5% of your paycheck to the pension fund, while the City of Dallas contributes 27.5%. That is almost more than 3 to 1 that the city puts in.

The website claims that they pay up to 96% of your pay upon retirement depending on years of service and the retirement formula given.

That is not bad.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Not sure on the numbers but Dallas always brags on having the best and they also have the DROP program.

Leave a comment:

• normy0
    started a topic Best Retirement Plans in Fort Worth/Dallas area

Best Retirement Plans in Fort Worth/Dallas area

I was wondering if anyone knew who had the best retirement plans in the Metroplex. (Example 70% at 20 years or 80% at 25 years) I was mainly interested in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington but will take info on any departments. Thank you in advance.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7597 users online. 387 members and 7210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X