300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Zoo Police

Anyone have any info on the National Zoo Police in DC?

Small agency. Fall under the Smithsonian Institute. Have a decent sized patrol area but I havent seen them to pro active. About 6 years back there was a shooting there and DC police ended up taking the lead on it.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I thought this thread was a joke. There's a ZOO police?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Tagman

Several zoo policing agencies. Mainly off shoots of park districts and the such.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yeah, it's call "Metropolitan Police District of Columbia"
          "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul."

Comment

Originally posted by stretch
            Yeah, it's call "Metropolitan Police District of Columbia"

? confused?

Comment

Yeah, that would make sense. It might take me a little longer to find out in person. Luckily, I don't live in the city I live in NOVA, its a different world out there

Comment

It seems silly to me that all of these federal departments and agencies have their own uniformed divisions. I'll have to admit that the Zoo Police is a new one to me, but you've got the Secret Service Uniformed Division, FBI Police, Congressional Police, National Park Police, etc. It would seem more efficient and better managed if there was one federal government police agency that provided uniformed officers to the various governmental bodies around the country, perhaps under the General Services Agency (who, no doubt, has their own patrol department as well). At least to an outsider like me, many of them seemed charged with the same responsibility -- patrolling government institutions. I suppose those who work for said agencies can give all sorts of reasons why they should be independent, but it seems a waste to me.
                Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kirch
                  It seems silly to me that all of these federal departments and agencies have their own uniformed divisions. I'll have to admit that the Zoo Police is a new one to me, but you've got the Secret Service Uniformed Division, FBI Police, Congressional Police, National Park Police, etc. It would seem more efficient and better managed if there was one federal government police agency that provided uniformed officers to the various governmental bodies around the country, perhaps under the General Services Agency (who, no doubt, has their own patrol department as well). At least to an outsider like me, many of them seemed charged with the same responsibility -- patrolling government institutions. I suppose those who work for said agencies can give all sorts of reasons why they should be independent, but it seems a waste to me.
                  Because that would make far too much sense, Kirch. This is the federal government we're talking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tagman
                    Because that would make far too much sense, Kirch. This is the federal government we're talking about here.
                    Exactly. We're not even all on the same pay scale / retirement.
                    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

He is calling your neck of the woods, a zoo.
                      Those MPDC men/women sure do earn their pay!! And on the flip side, any citizen that vote for that disaster Marion Barry, not only for mayor, but for a Ward City Council seat deserves to live in a Zoo...
                      "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul."

Comment

Originally posted by kirch
                        It would seem more efficient and better managed if there was one federal government police agency that provided uniformed officers to the various governmental bodies around the country, perhaps under the General Services Agency (who, no doubt, has their own patrol department as well).
                        Kirch, I laughed my head off when you said this, because until very recently GSA did have an LE Division, it was called Federal Protective Service. FPS was recently transferred to DHS/ICE, but they still have the same mission.

It would make sense to just have FPS run all those little "Police" agencies, but then again, this is the Fed.....
                        1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Originally posted by stretch
                          Those MPDC men/women sure do earn their pay!! And on the flip side, any citizen that vote for that disaster Marion Barry, not only for mayor, but for a Ward City Council seat deserves to live in a Zoo...

Did u see the crackhead Barry was robbed at gunpoint the other day by 2 kids who helped him carry his groceries to his apartment. Unreal
                          Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC
                            Did u see the crackhead Barry was robbed at gunpoint the other day by 2 kids who helped him carry his groceries to his apartment. Unreal
                            Yeah, and now he doesn't want them prosecuted. No wonder the city was a cesspool while he was mayor. This is a quote from a WP article:

"I have no animosities," Barry declared. "I don't even want you prosecuted, really. I love you. Give yourself up. Call the police. . . . I will do all I can to advocate non-prosecution."

I guess crack does have residual effects
                            "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

Originally posted by Gil
                              Yeah, and now he doesn't want them prosecuted. No wonder the city was a cesspool while he was mayor. This is a quote from a WP article:

"I have no animosities," Barry declared. "I don't even want you prosecuted, really. I love you. Give yourself up. Call the police. . . . I will do all I can to advocate non-prosecution."

I guess crack does have residual effects

I'm thinking that maybe...."the bitch set him up"
                              Leave Space Empty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12099 users online. 495 members and 11604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X