300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody work for BLM?

I am currently applying for a couple of BLM LE ranger positions. I was wondering if anybody hear worked for that agency, and could tell me whether they recieve LEAP/OT/AUO/neither? I am also curious as to how the work is with that agency. Any input is appreciated

I've considered trying to apply with them as well. My brother does surveying out in New Mexico for BLM and he has chatted with a few rangers. He is trying to get me to apply with them. He stated it sounds like a good gig. Said the guy drives a nice jacked up p/u and always has a marked 4-wheeler in the back. Guy said he goes all over the country doing task force stuff. Guess they have a normal 2 week or so tour over to Hawaii where they do a lot of pot burns and stuff. Let me know if you find out any info.
    sigpic

Comment

It may be different now, but back when I was working with those guys, regardless of what the job announcment said, they only hired veterens or prior fed service into those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat
        It may be different now, but back when I was working with those guys, regardless of what the job announcment said, they only hired veterens or prior fed service into those positions.
        Okay, I work in Federal LE now so I am not worried about that. How long ago did you work for BLM, and did you get AUO or OT when you worked there? Also, did you work in Nevada for BLM? If so, was the work good or was it boring?

Comment

Sorry if I mislead there. I didn't work FOR BLM, I worked with the BLM rangers. I was a resident Deputy in the very southern tip of Clark County NV. I never saw them doing a lot of traditional law enforcment though they did stop on our car stops etc. They seemed to do a lot of stuff related to mining claims, OHV activites, illegal dumping, cactus theft, etc. More park ranger than cop. Every one of them I ever met was very happy in the job though aside from all the little stuff we all complain about. I never met one that was looking for a different job. I also don't know if they get the built in OT. As I remember, they were trying to get it. That may have been the NPS Rangers though, I can't remember which.

Comment

Did you apply for the LV positions? I just had an interview with a N. CA. office and I thought I did well but will not know until the end of the month! I dont have that many finger nails left!! =)
            Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Comment

We just had a staff meeting here this week and one of the topics of dicussion was BLM creating a new ranger post in Caliete, NV. Nothing affirmative on it yet but if it happens it would take place about October. There is also talk of them funding an additional deputy position with our agency to patrol their recreation areas for local / state violations.

Comment

Cool...new position huh, I will be watching for postings. Thx for the info.
                Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5265 users online. 207 members and 5058 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X