300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL chicago Police CHARGE to Apply

Is this new or have i just not been paying attention. Chicago Police Wants you to pay $20.00 to apply online LMAO... Please tell me im wrong
    www.swornpigs.com
    ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

Don't be surprised. At one time I payed $20 to pick up an app for Cary, Illinois and another $15 for Lake Bluff. I didn't even go take either test (money well spent). I guess the only upside is that it keeps the number of apps down a little bit.
    If life gives you lemons....Go find someone who life gave vodka. {Ron White}

Comment

A lot of departments in PA do that too.
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
        Yeah you should be happy it is only $20. I have paid $75 to apply in PA and seen some departments charge into the low $100s.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
          yup, Ive had to pay an application fee to all but one of the depts. I've applied to. Let's see, one was $25, three were $35, and the last one was $50. I'm just glad I didn't fork over the $80 for a recent joint dept. police test that didn't hire anybody. It's very rare to have a dept. around here give a free test. They need to charge in order to cover the civil service fees for paying the proctors and other stuff. As Normy0 said, consider youself lucky that it's only $20.
          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Comment

It's common here too.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by acebpd0304
              Is this new or have i just not been paying attention. Chicago Police Wants you to pay $20.00 to apply online LMAO... Please tell me im wrong

Its VERY common these days.

Comment

Common in Jersey too. Many departments charge at least $50.00 just to register for the written test.

Comment

65$ to take Mass civil service exam. More if it is late.

Comment

Sorry had to put my 2 cents in when I read this. I cannot believe you are charged to take an exam or just to get an application. That just sounds ridiculous. Guess the job market is different up north, well that is bad news if you are low on money. Unheard of in North Carolina.
                    John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

On one hand, I can understand doing this because people would only pay if they really want the job, and they think they are competitive applicants. On the other hand, this is arguably a discriminatory practice, and not a good example of equal opportunity employment by the government. The government should be leading by example.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
                        On one hand, I can understand doing this because people would only pay if they really want the job, and they think they are competitive applicants. On the other hand, this is arguably a discriminatory practice, and not a good example of equal opportunity employment by the government. The government should be leading by example.
                        People that are low income can apply to have the fee waived.

Comment

the reason most agencies do not charge for exams in the South is because there is such a high demand for police. Because word on the street says cops don't make $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                          ""Liberals are liberal until something happens to them or someone they love, then they want the rules to change"

Comment

I know that alotta the places in Illinois that charge are departments that pay pretty well. For some reason in illinois it seems that most areas pay very well as compared to cost to living. I don't know if we just have a better Union here in Illinois or what, but it really surpises me when I look at some of the other areas in the U.S. and how much they get away with paying the police. Seems to me that a good Union otta be able to come in and show that the wage does not compete with the cost of living.
                            If life gives you lemons....Go find someone who life gave vodka. {Ron White}

Comment

It was the best $20 I have ever spent. $20 for a shot at a pretty well paying job made sense to me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2164 users online. 88 members and 2076 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X