300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Board Assistance

First of all I want to thank everyone here for all of theknowledge that you share. For someone like me who is going through the hiring process, the wealth of information found here is extremely helpful.
    I realize that there have been numerous threads dedicated to oral board preperation and performance. I have read these discussions and I feel that I am more prepared after doing so. I have my CVSA and oral board Wednesday with Wake County (NC) SO and I just want to be as prepared as possible.
    If anyone has any additional advice, sample scenarios, or sample questions that they would be willing to post, the help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hopefully I will soon be able to change my status to "currently employed as LEO" soon.

Thanks again,
    Josh

Quick tips.

Eye contact w/ each interviewer throughout the question. Main focus on the one asking the question

Dress for Success (shouldn't even need to say it, but you would be surprised how many show up not in a suit)

Get to the point, try not to ramble, and speak clearly

Be yourself and honest. Answer the question the way you feel not what you think they want to hear.

Smile, relax, and remember they put their pants on the same as you, one leg at a time.

Best of luck
    If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you need to re-think your tactics.

Comment

I have a list of sample questions on my site. No answers though, you have to come up with those yourself.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11599 users online. 445 members and 11154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X