300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina Highway Patrol

Can anyone post some insight into the SCHP? What is the application process like? The academy? Benefits and general morale? Thanks.

i know that moral is pretty high but the pay is very low. I looked into them just way to little money. You have to live off 25,000.00 a year, before taxes. Don't know how NYPD rookies Do it. Pretty good training from what i was told by a recruiter

Comment

Originally posted by kywildcats
      Can anyone post some insight into the SCHP? What is the application process like? The academy? Benefits and general morale? Thanks.
      http://www.schp.org/employment.asp
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
        Thanks, but I've already been through their site. I wanted to here some opinions of people that could speak objectively.

Comment

I work in SC and I know the pay went up last year for all the state LE agencies. I believe you have a pretty good chance at working the area you want. If money is your major concern most large municipalities pay more.

Comment

You get the same state benefits that any other state employee gets. Long hours, and about $25,700 for starting pay. You'll deal with a lot of traffic incidents rather than the round about different nature of things that a deputy or city officer see. If you're wanting a higher pay band, Charleston City pays just about one of the highest starting at around $35,000 with a Bachelor's.

Morale seems pretty high, from what I saw. I went through the process and didn't go through the academy after they told me the starting pay. I took the test, background and polygraph. The troopers just starting hiring again about a year ago after a long shutdown in hiring so there are probably plenty of opening and first choices for locations.

Comment

Originally posted by ledab74
              I went through the process and didn't go through the academy after they told me the starting pay. I took the test, background and polygraph.
              Call me crazy, but why would you waste your time as well as their's without knowing what the salary was before you even put your application in??
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I was told that I would start at a higher pay rate because I have my MBA. After the interviews I asked about the starting pay again, expecting it would be close to $30 and they told me that the hiring range starts at $24,600. and that my education didn't matter. That wasn't what I was told when I went through the initial processing. I was told the more enducation the higher the pay. I couldn't afford to live off of that pay salary when I have almost $60000 in student loans.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11786 users online. 443 members and 11343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X