300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Bound

Just wonderin how young you are or were when you started your full time LE career. I was 18 when I started becoming a Reserve and am now 20. I live in MI and I have a AA in CJ - LE and was working on my BA when I was down in FL on spring break and did a few ride alongs. I gave the Dept. a resume and they told me when I got a degree to apply. Well I did and they said I am qualified but I have doubts due to my age. Is there full time officers that are 20 in the US? It all sounds good considering they will pay for me to also finish my BA. Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know.

You can be 19 and be a cop in Florida.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

A lot of Sheriffs Departments in my part of the country will hire at 18 yoa, but forget about going to the road until you have several years of jail experience under your belt.

Most municipal or state departments are Civil Service, and dont hire until the applicant is 21 yoa.

DeltaCop
      "For those who fight for it, Life has a meaning that the sheltered will never know"

Unknown Marine
      Khe Sanh

Comment

We have MANY deputies at my agency who work in the jail. I've heard of a few city PD's hiring people under 21 to go to the road. As long as you aren't against starting in the jail, certainly apply.
        sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7635 users online. 406 members and 7229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X