Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Corrections Officer, BOP. Anyone have info/input?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Corrections Officer, BOP. Anyone have info/input?

I was looking in to the BOP corrections officers postion. Looks like the pay isn't that great. I was wondering if anyone had more info/ experience about this organization other than what is posted on their website. Also, do the feds open up jobs for current federal employees that aren't available to the public at the time like for example: testing with the Marshals? Thanks
    Last edited by kingcop36; 12-30-2005, 04:27 AM.

The pay's really not that bad. Say you start at $36,000. Within your first year you'll work all three shifts, and most Sundays. So with Sunday pay, holiday pay, night differential, and an overtime hear and there, your looking at making $45,000 to $50,000 your first year. Call the Federal Prison nearest to your home to apply within. Go to bop.gov for a list of Federal Prisons nationwide. It's a great stepping stone. You'll notice a lot of Federal CO's are awaiting employment with other agencies such as State Police and US Marshals.

Comment

being a CO

The bop is a starting point for people who are looking to go to other depts. But you have some people come on and stay a C/O and are very happy with it. I'm a offcier in nyc for the bop and I'm very much looking to leave. Compared to my old state penn the feds are ultra PC to me and the XO staff are a joke. Some places in the bop are better than others. I'm at a bad place as far as a C/O is concerned but there are some FCIs that people homested and never leave.

Comment

I agree with SHU. I have know several people that came into the BOP from the military and their time transferred over, which helped then tremendously. Also if you are single, it can be good, since I do believe you can put in requests to move to other locations, etc? If you want to stay in corrections, I would say go for it and even if you are looking at it as a stepping stone to get into another agency later on down the road. Good luck in your decision.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12227 users online. 421 members and 11806 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X