300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigator job

I was recently offered a position as a contract BI for OPM, I am trying to get an opinion on the job from anyone who has done this... I have several years of law enforcement experience and quite honestly I am looking for something a bit slower paced and better scheduling (due to family issues). The pay i was offered seemed really good and it is in a place i would like to live... any thoughts?? advice??

minn leo, what is the company? I have had this job for almost four years and can provide good info on the company I work for.

Comment

It's been 16+ years ago, but I did a year as a background investigator with OFI/OPM. Things may have changed, but back then you had to have a certain number of 'testimonies' a day. Problem was, the longer you were there and the better you got, the number of problematic cases with losts of issues you caught went up. As a result, the interviews got much longer and some of the senior people were in trouble because they couldn't make their numbers. No slack was given because they had difficult cases. Also, back then you could get transfered to another area on a 'temporary' basis for a couple months. Naturally, the cases you'd catch were the worst ones, as the investigators working there permanently took the easy ones. I had 16 years as a cop when I gave it a try, but after a year I went back to being a cop. All-in-all it was a good job, and I've been doing LE backgrounds using their training ever since, but in the end I didn't find it satisfying. The reports were tape recorded, and after you turned in the tape you never saw or heard of the case again - i.e. you never knew if your hard work paid off - did the guy get the job? - did his clearance get pulled? Guess I just needed to pull out the cuffs when I found a dirt ball........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8864 users online. 414 members and 8450 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X