300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

I am a 21 year old looking for employment in law enforcement. I have been in the recruiting process with my local department since August and I'm currently an alternate for the February '06 academy. However, since I've gotten so close to becoming a police officer that I can taste it and fell just short, I don't think I can wait any longer to reach my goal. I am searching for other departments that may be hiring. My preference is for departments in KY, TN, NC, SC, FL, AL, NV, AZ, and CA. I prefer larger departments, either police or sheriff, that work on a 4/10 schedule and have a take home car program, but none of these things are a must if the opportunity is right. If anyone could assist me in finding departments may be a good fit I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

February is just around the corner--why so impatient? If you start a new process you won't be hired before February anyway. You just might be offered a spot in the academy. I'm sure you'll make it soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by kywildcats
      I am a 21 year old looking for employment in law enforcement. I have been in the recruiting process with my local department since August and I'm currently an alternate for the February '06 academy. However, since I've gotten so close to becoming a police officer that I can taste it and fell just short, I don't think I can wait any longer to reach my goal. I am searching for other departments that may be hiring. My preference is for departments in KY, TN, NC, SC, FL, AL, NV, AZ, and CA. I prefer larger departments, either police or sheriff, that work on a 4/10 schedule and have a take home car program, but none of these things are a must if the opportunity is right. If anyone could assist me in finding departments may be a good fit I would appreciate the help. Thanks.
      Good luck on the take home car program. Alot of depts. in Cal. are hiring. LASD, LAPD, San Bernardino S.D. and Riverside S.D. are big depts. that are hiring. LASD is especially hiring alot right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
        LASD is especially hiring alot right now.
        It definitely looks that way. http://www.officer.com/article/artic...ion=0&id=27667
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I need to get off my butt and apply to LASD

west coast here I come
          THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

My advice would be to not place all your eggs in one basket in case they don't pick you up since your an alternate. I was an alternate when I first got picked up. So it is possible. But aplly everywhere that you are interested in and once someone gives you the green light go. Look into Louiseville Metro I always see them hiring.

Comment

LASD equires you to work in the jail first for some years i believe.

Comment

You are 21 and you think you can't wait any longer? First, there are alot of people tha have waited much longer then you to get a job in law enforcement. The fact that you are so young and have the opportunity you have is great. You may not get picked up for alot of reasons. One being that you have little to no experience in the field. Law Enforcement isn't a position given to just anyone. The fact that you are given the opportunity you have consider yourself luck. There are jobs out there that take up to a year and more to even get to the academy. LE is a waiting game, and the biggest virtue is patience. As for everything else you want the best advise is to research the different departments and apply. Don't think because you have applied you deserve or will get the job. There are many out there with more experience then you going for the job. It stinks, we all know. But you have to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by LawEnfWB
                  February is just around the corner--why so impatient? If you start a new process you won't be hired before February anyway. You just might be offered a spot in the academy. I'm sure you'll make it soon enough.
                  I don't think I will end up getting in and I would like to start the process with other departments in case I don't. The application process takes so long that it drives me crazy waiting to hear something.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown
                    You are 21 and you think you can't wait any longer? First, there are alot of people tha have waited much longer then you to get a job in law enforcement. The fact that you are so young and have the opportunity you have is great. You may not get picked up for alot of reasons. One being that you have little to no experience in the field. Law Enforcement isn't a position given to just anyone. The fact that you are given the opportunity you have consider yourself luck. There are jobs out there that take up to a year and more to even get to the academy. LE is a waiting game, and the biggest virtue is patience. As for everything else you want the best advise is to research the different departments and apply. Don't think because you have applied you deserve or will get the job. There are many out there with more experience then you going for the job. It stinks, we all know. But you have to be patient.
                    You have to take my sitution in context. I'm not the normal 21 year old. I've wanted to be in law enforcement my entire life; I've been on my own since I was 17, I've had a job since I was 15 (and I've hated them all), and I've been putting myself through college working toward a police studies degree and maintaining a 3.7 GPA. I have never had any run-ins with the law and I've never had as much as a traffic ticket. I know I don't have law enforcement experience, but you can't get experience until you're given the opportunity. I've worked my share of sh*t jobs and I can't take much more of it; law enforcement is what I know I want to do with my life and I've been waiting for years to turn 21 so I could start applying.

Comment

You have to take my sitution in context. I'm not the normal 21 year old. I've wanted to be in law enforcement my entire life; I've been on my own since I was 17, I've had a job since I was 15 (and I've hated them all), and I've been putting myself through college working toward a police studies degree and maintaining a 3.7 GPA. I have never had any run-ins with the law and I've never had as much as a traffic ticket. I know I don't have law enforcement experience, but you can't get experience until you're given the opportunity. I've worked my share of sh*t jobs and I can't take much more of it; law enforcement is what I know I want to do with my life and I've been waiting for years to turn 21 so I could start applying.

Like everyone one else said, you prob need to calm down and it will come to you when the time is ready. The more you rush, the longer it will prob take. Good Luck

Comment

In Florida, I believe Tampa works 4/10's and I know they have a take home program. St. Pete has a take home program as well, but I don't know their schedule. Tallahassee has a 4/10 schedule and a take home program. Also, FHP has a take home program and depending on where you are stationed either 5/8's or 4/10's. All of these departments are hiring to my knowledge and will sponsor you thru an academy.

Comment

We're hiring, and our Deputies don't have to work the jail.
                          www.sbsheriff.org

Comment

Originally posted by gomets11
                            In Florida, I believe Tampa works 4/10's and I know they have a take home program. St. Pete has a take home program as well, but I don't know their schedule. Tallahassee has a 4/10 schedule and a take home program. Also, FHP has a take home program and depending on where you are stationed either 5/8's or 4/10's. All of these departments are hiring to my knowledge and will sponsor you thru an academy.
                            Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Zero
                              LASD equires you to work in the jail first for some years i believe.
                              I spent approx. 2 yrs in jail. The best experience a new cop can get before going to the streets ( especially LA County Jails. ). Unfortunately, the hiring freeze a few years ago prolonged the custody time guys have had to do. Although, they get tons of o/t. Good luck. I dont think you have to do custody time with Riverside S.D. unless you want to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6235 users online. 352 members and 5883 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X