300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward County, FL

I am currently a police officer for a smaller municipality in the midwest with about two years experience. I have a bachelors degree in sociology and I'm working on a masters in criminology. I am also just beginning the hiring process for several federal agencies. If getting on with the feds doesn't work out, I am seriously condsidering a move to Florida within two to four years. From seaching police department web sites, I have found that departments located in Broward County tend to have the highest salaries, but I have also noticed the cost of living is high too.

I have looked the closest at the Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Port St. Lucie, and Pembroke Pines police departments. If anyone can provide any information about these departments (or any department I didn't mention) that isn't listed on their web sites, I would appreciate it. Thanks...

The Florida Highway Patrol has a lateral program.

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDjock

Great bunch of guys and gals, but if writing tickets, working wrecks, and babysitting DM's isn't your cup of tea, then the FHP isn't for you. Just my .02

Comment

PSl

Check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by NYPDjock
          All the FHP does is write tickets and respond to crashes, plus they are extremely low paid. Word to the wise.

Comment

Ive been to st. lucie a lot and have been told its a pretty good department. Ive gone and checked it out for myself and it seems like it is a pretty professional PD and seems to run smoothly. I do plan to apply to the st. lucie PD. and I have noticed that the majority of PO seem to be pretty young. Best bet would be to check out their department website and set up a visit or just apply, couldnt hurt.
            The true measure of a hero is when a man lays down his life with the knowledge that those he saves... will never know.

Comment

Last edited by nybyrne; 04-02-2006, 02:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11388 users online. 399 members and 10989 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X