Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Morrisville PD and Apex PD (North Carolina)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Morrisville PD and Apex PD (North Carolina)

Does anyone here have any insight into either of these departments? I have applied with both but have yet to hear anything back. I am currently a police officer in MD. Is it hard for an out of state officer to get into these departments?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Just out of curiousity, why did you pick those two particular departments? There are other good departments in that area, Raleigh PD if you want to go big and Chapel Hill PD and Cary PD (tough to get on) if you're looking smaller. Also, if you're not set on the triangle area of NC, come on down to the Charlotte area. My department (Concord PD) is hiring right now and has a lot of perks (take home cars, one week off a month, a performance raise every 6 months). Let me know if you want more information.

Gibbmusic
    Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Tell me more

Gibbmusic,

Thanks for your reply!

One of the reasons why I chose those particular departments is because I have visited and fallen in love with the area. Another reason is because the salary in relation to the cost of living is very appealing, in fact the salaries offered by these departments are very close to my current salary in MD where the cost of living is significantly higher.

You must be a recruiter with your department because you have me hooked with the perks your department offers (take home cars, one week off a month, a performance raise every 6 months)

I would love to find out more about your department and the Charlotte area. Please feel free to email me and tell me more.

SyncMaster

Comment

Actually not a recruiter, just a satisfied police officer...low scrotum on the totem!

I'll shoot you an email with more info.

Gibbmusic
        Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Word has it that Apex has already weeded out those that they do not want...so if you haven't heard from them yet, that may be a good sign

Comment

Originally posted by jay-law
            Word has it that Apex has already weeded out those that they do not want...so if you haven't heard from them yet, that may be a good sign
            Jay-Law,

You give me hope. But then again I may check my mail tomorrow and find an unwanted letter from Apex telling me how I was qualified but not among the "best qualified candidates". The waiting game continues.

I see that you are also attmepting to relocate. Are you also in the application process for Apex?

If you get any other "intel" please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbmusic
              Actually not a recruiter, just a satisfied police officer...low scrotum on the totem!

I'll shoot you an email with more info.

Gibbmusic

Gibbmusic,

I will be standing by for the email.

Thanks!

Comment

hey Gibbmusic, I'm now interested in NC

Gibbmusic posted a very interesting perk package. You have me interested

I have been a CA. cop of about 16 years working in small rural towns. It is too expensive to stay here. Housing costs have gone up 300% in my town during the last five years and my net pay has gone down.

what is law enforcement like in a NC town. I can't believe that you get one week off a month. How does that work?
                Last edited by norcaltodd; 12-30-2005, 01:34 AM.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by Nobody; 04-27-2006, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SyncMaster
                    Jay-Law,

You give me hope. But then again I may check my mail tomorrow and find an unwanted letter from Apex telling me how I was qualified but not among the "best qualified candidates". The waiting game continues.

I see that you are also attmepting to relocate. Are you also in the application process for Apex?

If you get any other "intel" please let me know.

Thanks!
                    SyncMaster-
                    I was DQ'd with Apex because I do not have an LE background. I already knew the chances were slim, but gave it a try anyhow. A friend of mine who has three years of LE experience in a similar sized town also received a letter stating that they prefer someone with more LE experience. So, for you, no news is good news. I'm interviewing with a couple of the larger departments and things are looking good. You certainly have an upperhand with most of the smaller agencies since none of them have an academy of want to pay to send a recruit to BLET. Consider also applying with the Cary PD. They pay well and its a medium sized department. I think you may have a great shot with them. You might get a little bored in Morrisville....but its a really nice town. Good Luck! Perhaps we will run into each other in the future.

Comment

Gibbs you are rtight the Concord Charlotte area is nice and growing. Wish I was still there. Lived in Matthews for 3 years.
                      IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
                      -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

Jay-Law,

I sent you a PM.

Comment

There are plenty of opportunities for LE around the Charlotte area. However, Id advise against the typical yankee stereotype down here and move to Cary. You will be hard pressed to find any native North Carolinians there, the taxes and traffic you are trying to move from you will run into again. Try Kannapolis which is right next to Concord, or Huntersville, maybe further east than you want to go. Even the Huntersville area is getting overpriced too, but there are jobs there.
                          John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Yankee Village

Apparently Cary is the refugee gathering point for people like me. My friend, who is originally from the Charlotte area refered to it as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. I have been down there and the traffic is not as bad as it is up here. But I can definitely see it getting there in a few years time. I have applied with the Cary PD and did not make the final cut. I have been told that they are extremely difficult to get on with. The officer that I did my ride a long with told me that when they open up a position , they get officers from neighboring towns like Apex, Fuquay-Varina, etc that apply. I get the feeling that you basically need to know someone who can "put in a good word" for you.

Thank for the information on the Charlotte Area, I will expand my search to that area and work on my southern accent.

Comment

I am a patrol deputy in the county these towns are in and I used to work for one of these agencies, so I am quite familiar with both agencies you are asking about. BOTH are very quiet towns after the sun goes down and people are sleeping. You can run all the traffic you like in either town, but call volume will be extremely low. If you like a little action, you might want to look elsewhere, such as the places already mentioned. PM me for any specific questions.
                              -do your job, do it right, win the fight, go home!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11759 users online. 424 members and 11335 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X