300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Any Hope For Me!!!

Hey Just Wanted To Know From The Pro's If Your Out There. I Was A Cop In Pa. I Was Charged W A Misdameanor And Want To Know If I Can Ever Be A Cop Again. I Just Resigned From My Position As A Police Officer Due To The Need To Start Over, And Wanted To Know If I Had Any Chance To Regain My Position W Another Department. I Am 37 Yoa And Had Been A Decorated Officer On The Highway Patrol With No Disciplinary Action Against Me Ever In My Career. Let Me Know If So Where And Who Possibly??? Thanx

Originally posted by GB0610
    What were you charged with? Did you commit the crime? Why did you resign insted of attempt to clear your name (that is if you didn't commit the crime in the first place)?

These are question you will have to answer for yourself. But my gut tells me something else is going on here that you are not willing to say...
    exactly,

youre going to have to put more out there if you want an answer, is that wise, that s up to you, it all depends on the charges, plus, dont mean to kick ya while youre down, but you should know that if two applicants are even in the process, one has an arrest and one doesnt, which one usually gets picked, but also, if you were charged for something on duty, well, thats a whole different problem,

i will say that i do know of ONE guy that got rehired, he was not ever charged but was terminated for conduct unbecoming *while on duty*, but it took several yrs to get back on board,

Comment

More It Is

Was Charged W A Simple Assault. The Assault Was Classed As A Misdemeanor 1. No Was Not On Duty Nor Was I Under The Influence Or Any Of That Bull****. Was Sober And Yes I Did Slap The Person. I Did Get A Def. Attny And Did Go To Trial. So The Standing Charge Is Simple Assault. M1

Comment

You slapped someone, that is battery is it not?
        All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes, in CA, in many states they just have assault and it covers both assault and battery. PA is more than likely one of those states.

Originally posted by padsrule33
          You slapped someone, that is battery is it not?
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by disavowed
            Was Charged W A Simple Assault. The Assault Was Classed As A Misdemeanor 1. No Was Not On Duty Nor Was I Under The Influence Or Any Of That Bull****. Was Sober And Yes I Did Slap The Person. I Did Get A Def. Attny And Did Go To Trial. So The Standing Charge Is Simple Assault. M1
            well, i guess it would hold true for anyother applicant, it all depends on the circumstances and how well you can explain it, and just like it is said to other people, it wont help that you are an adult when this happened, but i dont know,,

an answer to one of your other questions, where can you apply, well, i dont know of anywhere specific, but start looking at small departments, the stepping stone kind that you use to get your certification and some experience.

Comment

Maybe, Many agencies would take an ex-trooper, just to say look at our ex-trooper.

The important question is, were you convicted?

Back when the ATF re-interpreted the law so that they took the rights of persons with domestic assaults. They originally planned to make that assaults, but back then there were still world war 2 vets that were senators, and representatives, who suddenly realized that when they got in that bar-room brawl with the marines in Hawaii, and they accepted the rather minor punishment for fighting back then, it countedas an assault charge. So I entirely expect the ATF to re-interpret the law again.
              Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

Originally posted by purdinpopo
                Maybe, Many agencies would take an ex-trooper, just to say look at our ex-trooper.
                man thats so wrong,

Comment

In NYS that act would merit the charge of Harassment 2nd degree ( a violation, not a misdemeanor, not a crime). No fingerprints etc.

Yes, you would get hired with that on your record here. Depending on the circumstances, of course. But it would not be an automatic DQ. Not even close.

To be an assault in this state, there has to be a physical injury.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                    man thats so wrong,
                    One time I was "visiting" a Police Department, The Sgt happily pointed out his two "Troopers", they smiled and waved and went on working with the drunk they had, I was chaining up my prisoner, and the sgt goes on about how great his department was that they could draw troopers. The Place was a town of about ten thousand on the way to nowhere. This perplexed me as both troopers looked pretty high speed and I wrote their names down in my notebook, before I pulled out if the sallyport. When I got back to my neck of the woods, I related the story to one of the on duty Troopers in my area. Once he related one of the names before I told him who they were. One had been fired as it was suspected that he had "worked out" some tickets with females roadside. The other had attended a department Chritmas party, gone home, and then got called out, he had an accident on the way to the call out, been found to be intoxicated. Both were allowed to quit, but many reputable agencies would not touch them with a ten foot pole.
                    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9088 users online. 450 members and 8638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X