300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych test??????

The dept that I am looking at is DESPERATE for people, mainly because nobody wants to work there. They sponser 100% of their applicants through the academy, and give great incentives. The reason is because of the fact that it has a reputation as being a pretty bad place to work.

Now I am interested in this dept because its is very close to where I go to school, and with my current qualifications I could get hired (assuming I pass all the tests).

Now Ive passed a polygraph test for reserve pd (same as regular PD test, pretty brutal one at that) and that doesnt really intimidate me like it did the first time.

Now the word is that this dept has a pretty rigorous psych test that weeds out quite alot of people. Ive met a few people who have told me about the psych test (because they ALL failed it). They gave me examples of questions that seem pretty rough to answer.

My question is, what exactly is to be expected from the questions of a normal psych test? Are they looking for someone who is 100% honest about their feelings on the questions (i know i know it sounds wrong to say that), someone who is an upstanding, 100 truth and justice answers, or the common sense type answers? I dont mean to sound like I am going to lie on the test, but I just want to know what is usually expected from these kinds of things?
    "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Nobody; 04-27-2006, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Out of curiosity what department in Florida are you applying for??

Comment

if it's just the MMPI it's just 600 True false questuions read them and ask yourself what makes sense but be CONSISTENT most departments use the MMPI.
        Like the last guy said out of curiousity which department is it??
        I applied at ST. Pete PD and Hillsborogh Co. both gave the MMPI

Comment

Did you get hired by either agency? I was also considering SPPD, what was the process like? Pretty brutal?
          "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12448 users online. 429 members and 12019 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X