Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here and Interested in ICE

Hello all
    First I want to say that Im new to the board and excited to see that there is alot of good information on this board.
    To get the point though, I was wondering if anyone here (particularly those who are employed with a fed agency) could give me some tips as to whether or not Id be competitive for an SA position with ICE.
    Here is my bio at the moment:
    2nd Lt US Army Field Artillery (Active Duty)
    Degrees: 1. International Relations 2. History
    Languages: Spanish

I realize its a short bio, but I figured those would be my highlights to mention in this forum without getting long winded. Anyway, I am on track to serve 4 yrs and am currently going through the Army Combatives program as well. Any suggestions/advice? As you can see I do not have any prior LE/investigative exp. All help will be appreciated

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Nobody; 04-27-2006, 01:55 AM.

Comment

From the two posts I got thus far, it sounds easy to get accepted, but if this were the case couldn't anyone get in? I guess I just say this because I know Im one of many people who's life dream has been to become a federal agent.
      Is this to suggest that ICE is a lesser agency? From my research it seems to be a very reputable organization with a wide range of enforcement. Again, I am still learning about law enforcement as a whole so perhaps there is more than what I know. Maybe the biggest question is not so much how difficult it is to get in, but how long one is willing to wait? Ive heard cases of people waiting as long as 2 years? What do people do in the mean time job wise?

Comment

Originally posted by Agent00Latin
        From the two posts I got thus far, it sounds easy to get accepted, but if this were the case couldn't anyone get in? I guess I just say this because I know Im one of many people who's life dream has been to become a federal agent.
        Is this to suggest that ICE is a lesser agency? From my research it seems to be a very reputable organization with a wide range of enforcement. Again, I am still learning about law enforcement as a whole so perhaps there is more than what I know. Maybe the biggest question is not so much how difficult it is to get in, but how long one is willing to wait? Ive heard cases of people waiting as long as 2 years? What do people do in the mean time job wise?

I think the two post were just summing things up. No, it is not that easy to get on with ICE. And one way to get your foot in the door is with a degree and a clean record, or three years of some investigative work or both. I say it's not easy for the simple fact that there are thousands and thousands of people wanting the job. If you have a degree try to get some LE experience, that will make you more marketable.

Comment

What is it about ICE that interests you more than the other federal agencies?
          "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
          Matthew 11:28

Comment

For me personally, my interest has been in the area of human rights and I know that ICE has an HR unit, though I dont know the specifics on them. Im on the email listing and there are often cases where their agents have brought down human trafficking rings, child molestors, and sometimes even major violators of crimes against humanity. I guess I believe inside that this is where I could be put best to use in making this world of ours a little better someday
            On a slightly different note, i was under the same impression that it was extremely competitive to get in, but thats why i was alil surprised at the first couple of posts saying essentially i "just need a pulse."

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Last edited by Nobody; 04-27-2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

I actually remember the USCS website with SAs in the black BDUS from back then! While on that subject, the ICE page has similar pics of guys coming from the beach etc, to your knowledge, is that the kind of work you get to do when you make it onto a SRT or can I expect my work(when I finally get here) to vary from tactical insertions as shown in the pictures to everyday cop duties?

Comment

[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

If i can ask a personal question in a public forum, Nobody, what keeps you in the job? I dont ask that a in rude manner, but with the frustration youve seen over the last coupel of years, what keeps you driving on? You havent left ICE yet, so surely there are many things that keep you in there?

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10074 users online. 416 members and 9658 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X