300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well got some news.......good & bad

Got my letter from Prince George's County Police yesterday. Finished up the entire process, background and all and info was sent over for consideration.

Bad News: I wasn't picked for this academy at this time

Good News: I was told to re apply for next academy and they will do a follow up background and be put into the next pool for the academy> Won't have to do everything all over again.

Bad News #2: THATS NOT UNTIL JUNE

I was soooooooooo lookin forward to this academy. Oh well. I guess the bright side is that they liked me enough to send it over for consideration. Which means they had no problem with that thing that happened with me 2 months ago that Montgomery Co. did. Those who followed that post I did, know full and well the deal. So I guess its re apply and hope for the June academy...........Man I was really lookin forward to this one though

PittsburghKid
    Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
    Written - Passed
    Physical test - Passed
    Background Investigation - Finished
    Oral Board - Passed
    Polygraph - Passed
    Chief's Decision - Pending
    Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
    Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Keep your head bro and don't give it up

GL to ya
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Keep plugging, friend. You may apply to three or four different departments before you are finally accepted. Many of the members of this forum did. (Including yours truly.)

Based on what you've told us about yourself, there is only one thing that could ever prevent you from becoming a LEO.............

If your own willpower gives out.

Keep searching, and keep us posted.

Comment

Yes, definitely don't give up and become too discouraged. I've said it in previous threads, sometimes it does take time and sometimes you will be passed up. But it will happen, stick with it!

Comment

The bad news gets better!

Don't fret about the next class date. I've been employed with PG County for the past 14 years. I'm a part time instructor in the acadamy so if you have questions, I'll answer what I can. It sounds like, from what you've posted, that the reason you were not accepted into this academy class simply has to do with logistics. The next class is schedule to begin on 12-12-05 and will be composed of 120 recruits. Thats alot of budding policemen to look after. Political pressure is implace to increase the size of the agency. The targeted increase is to a force of about 2000 or so from an authorized strength of 1420. In actuallity the actual strength is around 1200 or so. This agency has 20 year retirement. The retirement package is one of the best in the state so most officers bail at 20 years. In order to retain people they have added an extra pay step in the pay scale at 22 years. A twenty year corporal's base salary is a little over 80k/year. I'm sure every agency has its ups and downs, but this is still a pretty good place to work. I get pxxxxd of at some decisions made by the administration but I don't plan to go anywhere. When I was a FTO I had the opportunity to train several officers that have lateraled over from other agencies. US Capitol Police, US Park Police, PG Park Police, MD State and MD Transportation Police. Rarely have I seen one our officers leave and go somewhere else. One officer in particular left for seven months only to return. Hang in there and keep your nose clean. Something as simple as a traffic citation may hinder your plans so be careful and good luck The better part of the bad news is the training division is planning for another large class once the senior class graduates. The new class should start in March of 06

Comment

Originally posted by bootz
            Don't fret about the next class date. I've been employed with PG County for the past 14 years. I'm a part time instructor in the acadamy so if you have questions, I'll answer what I can. It sounds like, from what you've posted, that the reason you were not accepted into this academy class simply has to do with logistics. The next class is schedule to begin on 12-12-05 and will be composed of 120 recruits. Thats alot of budding policemen to look after. Political pressure is implace to increase the size of the agency. The targeted increase is to a force of about 2000 or so from an authorized strength of 1420. In actuallity the actual strength is around 1200 or so. This agency has 20 year retirement. The retirement package is one of the best in the state so most officers bail at 20 years. In order to retain people they have added an extra pay step in the pay scale at 22 years. A twenty year corporal's base salary is a little over 80k/year. I'm sure every agency has its ups and downs, but this is still a pretty good place to work. I get pxxxxd of at some decisions made by the administration but I don't plan to go anywhere. When I was a FTO I had the opportunity to train several officers that have lateraled over from other agencies. US Capitol Police, US Park Police, PG Park Police, MD State and MD Transportation Police. Rarely have I seen one our officers leave and go somewhere else. One officer in particular left for seven months only to return. Hang in there and keep your nose clean. Something as simple as a traffic citation may hinder your plans so be careful and good luck The better part of the bad news is the training division is planning for another large class once the senior class graduates. The new class should start in March of 06
            BOOTZ,
            what did you mean a traffic citation could hinder your plans? do you mean awhile you are waiting to get in or previous traffic citation? I heard from AID they are hiring a huge March 06" class also.

Comment

Hey KID dont sweat it. I was 'pushed back' about 4 times for the city academy. I finally got the call and had about 5 days to get a place in the city , from out of state. It just takes time. I would maybe PM bootz he seems to know the deal..
              How about that Sirius radio now...
              I got nothing for now

Comment

I was referring to the situation with Pitsburgkid. When he is being reconsidered for the next academy class he will not have to submit to another back ground investigation unless there is something to warrant such an action. If he were to receive something as simple as a traffic citation it may cause further delay in his acceptance. under certain circumstances it may even disqualify him. (a citaion for driving while suspended, fleeing to elude, or dwi). A citation may not seem like a big deal, but remember it is somewhat of a competition. If it comes down to a small pool of candidates the one that looks best on paper will be selected. I've seen it happen before. Good Luck,

Bootz

Comment

hey bootz. since you are a part-time instructor in the academy, could you tell me and my brother, pittsburghkid, what the academy is like and what kind of shape we should be in before we enter. I havent applied yet, but I am going to here eventually. i am in somewhat decent shape but I could do a LOT better after I lose a little bit of weight. thanks
                  4/4/09

Lest We Forget

Pittsburgh Bureau of Police

Comment

Bootz, Ill PM u here after work or so later on. I do have some questions for you. I really appreciate your help and info that you posted. I was unaware of the March class, as I only heard that the next one was in June since they doubled up on the December class. But we'll cover that I guess. Id like to pick your brain about some stuff as well. Also will say that I was impressed with the officers and investigators I came in contact with thru my process, which made me even happier to want to become a PG police officer.

E-man, obviously Im not going anywhere for a bit, so your Sirius is on reserve when you're ready!! Shop is Total Image in Robinson. Thanks for the encouragement. Aside from what some tell me about PG, the ones who actually work there and have been there thru it all really keep my interest in it, being that it is the Dept I really want. I looked at all the other Ive applied for and considered, and this just seems right for me. Hopefully it all works out. Also, since you used to work for the City, maybe you have a contact that can let you know when they plan on retesting if any in the future. Even though they just did, and I DQ'ed on the PAT test, I would always consider staying in the Burgh. See if you can find that out for me, Id really appreciate it!

Mark, apply for PG now. So you can possibly start with me. Then when the foot is healed, you can come to the gym and get your @$$ in shape By the way, A black Chad Johnson Jersey size 52 would go a long way in making me "forget" about not getting selected for this academy, brother It is my Birthday after all See you later on.

PittsburghKid
                    Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
                    Written - Passed
                    Physical test - Passed
                    Background Investigation - Finished
                    Oral Board - Passed
                    Polygraph - Passed
                    Chief's Decision - Pending
                    Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
                    Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Comment

Most recruits have problems with their cardio and upper body strength. I would focus on running and upper body strength. If you have weight issues you definitely want to have control of those "before" the academy. During the academy is not the time to loose 20 pounds. The most important thing that you can bring with you is a positive attitude. Be mindful that you have to earn your right to be there and you aren't entitled to anything. Most of the recruits that get terminated from the academy might have made it if they would have had a different attitude.

Comment

Keep your head up! It took me 18 months to get on the dept. and I went through the process twice.. You'll get there.. Oh and Bootz! Did you use to be one of my FTO's?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14731 users online. 463 members and 14268 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X