Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harleyriders
    commented on 's reply
    Same. Doing my background update this week. Processed in March as well.. rank 49XX

• Coleguy7
    commented on 's reply
    Did you get a call that tells you when you'll update your background? Or did member hiring call you? Just trying to figure out what's my next step if I processed last year and just re did processing. I did my psyc interview at the end of september and didn't get a call or letter yet for next steps. Not sure if its polygraph again or maybe not.

• jg60
    replied
    Im doing an updated background investigation next week. I processed in March. My investigator said they need to send up updated backgrounds to Albany by beginning of November to be qualified for the next class in the spring

Leave a comment:

• dutchessNY89
    commented on 's reply
    It's absolutely possible. I was higher then that and got called. It's all about how many qualified applicants there are and how many people want the job. I'd say you're in a good spot.

• jas14
    commented on 's reply
    My psych was about 50 minutes. I did have to wait for the person before me to finish up though. The psych could be a little longer based on any questions the Doctor has from the responses on your written test. I'm hoping to hear something about my background soon.

• rbh2350
    commented on 's reply
    anyone know how long after your psych is completed that you get scheduled for your poly? How long is the psych on average..should I expect over an hour?

• hopefulfed36
    commented on 's reply
    jaguarshark Thanks, I appreciate the info.

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Most specialty units require 4 years. PSU I believe changed theirs to 2 recently. Competition depends on how many in your area want it. Most details are organized by Troop, and some by Zone, so if nobody in your Zone wants something, you have a better chance at it.

Like many units & details, PSU requires an interview. There are frequent openings in PSU so they are often looking for applicants. The two PSU locations are Albany (obviously) and Manhattan.

• hopefulfed36
    replied
    Hi all, thanks again for the responses to my previous question. I have another question, this time regarding career progression and specialty units as a NY State Trooper. How long must a trooper work before being eligible to apply for specialty units? I also wonder how competitive/difficult it is to make it into a specialty unit. One of particular interest to me is the Protective Services Unit. If anyone could give me any info on this unit, or others in terms of necessary time on the job and competitiveness to enter a specialty, that would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Riv202
    commented on 's reply
    I believe we should be getting a phone call to update some background questions they may have and also to attend another medical weekend. From what I heard and seen.

• Buffalo_17
    replied
    Hey guys, does anyone know if those who went through the last medical but didn’t make it into the most recent class have to go through another physical/poly/psych interview or do we only have to go through another medical when the time comes around?

Leave a comment:

• Coleguy7
    replied
    Anyone get their polygraph date yet??

Leave a comment:

• Bryguyny94
    replied
    Any more information regarding a 210th class? If so, chances they’d get to the low 6000’s? Given the fact that they *presumably* got to 4200 for the first 2 classes, logic would dictate if the 210 class is a full one, they could potentially get to 6300...Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Habs504
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting.. I was thinking they’d have to go a bit higher since not everyone who’s invited even shows up. Plus those who don’t pass portions of the process.

• jg60
    commented on 's reply
    Jan 2019 class they hit around rank 23xx
    Sept 2019 hit around 42xx
    Spring 2020 should be around 6100

Nysp has around 140 people left over from medical this past summer. Not saying all 140 will go into spring 2020 but I’m pretty sure March 2019 processing weekend invited ranks up to 6100 or around there so there are limited spots. I’m 58xx and I might not make it to the next class. Assuming that the class stays at around 250

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5223 users online. 262 members and 4961 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X