Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    I believe the last medical for the September class was in July, so if it follows that trend the next one should be sometime in February

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    And another thing.... DO NOT lean on your military service and think it will help you get selected. The State Police could care less and dont be surprised if someone attempts to use it against you. Dont ask me how I know

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    If you are on Terminal leave than you would have your DD214 in hand.... The DD214 station is the last stop before you sign out on Terminal leave

• Abram0710
    commented on 's reply
    I see... Well that’s unfortunate... I don’t see why they wont move forward while on terminal leave, at least.

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    I was in a similar situation in 2016. I didn't have my deferment lifted until I had my DD214 in hand around July of 2016 and then was called for a processing that fall. It's a nightmare trying to chase a job as a Trooper while waiting for your discharge

• Homeland17
    commented on 's reply
    If its a merge they don't usually require a whole new processing. They're already Police Officers and are already a state agency. When things like this happen they're usually Absorbed, not reprocessed.

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Nobody has any idea what's going to happen. There are a few whirlwind things going on, between the PP merger and the new bail reform & discovery laws taking effect, there's going to be a severe budget crunch somewhere. The state has a tremendous budget shortfall and it's going to get worse.

• pa/ny321
    replied
    According to the website it says they are up to 11,500. Do we see them getting up to the 14,000s off the 2017 exam?

Leave a comment:

• Riv202
    replied
    Any possible assumptions on when the next medical would be for the upcoming academy

Leave a comment:

• C_Dona89
    replied
    I don’t think this will have much of an effect on us because the state is hurting for troopers badly that 270 doesn’t even make a dent in what they need. Also they still have to go through a whole processing which includes the PPT, Psych, background, poly and medical. You also have to think about the amount of park police officers that will nit try and switch over to troopers because they are ready to retire or have to much time in and probably aren’t in the shape they once were.

Leave a comment:

• Harleyriders
    commented on 's reply
    Article says they would have to go through background, psychological exam etc. So hopefully that won’t affect next class slated for spring.

• Coleguy7
    commented on 's reply
    jaguarshark what does that mean though? For those waiting for next class..Do you know or have any ideas

• Abram0710
    commented on 's reply
    Ok thanks. I’ll wait till next spring to send the letter.

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    It's a done deal. Park Police Superintendent sent a memo to all his members that NYSP Superintendent has assumed operational control of them.

• GRNeye
    commented on 's reply
    agreed - I'm hopeful the merger won't complicate things! I'm hoping the abbreviated training for Park Police will be held at a different location other than the current state trooper training academy in Albany - that way there won't be a hold up on upcoming classes for individuals that took the test, processed, have a rank, and are waiting to get in!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7611 users online. 363 members and 7248 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X