Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughnvm
    replied
    I’m confused lol because majority of them are vets. And they like me because I’m one too....

Leave a comment:

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    Attacking a candidate for being a veteran during the hiring process, using a person's family's actions against them etc...

• boconnor
    replied
    Originally posted by MadDog2020 View Post
    It looks like SOME of the UNETHICAL hiring practices of some members of the NYSP are truly coming to fruition..
    Care to elaborate what you mean by unethical?

Leave a comment:

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    Are you referring to an article or something? I don't understand the context of this statement

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Last edited by MadDog2020; Yesterday, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Last edited by MadDog2020; Yesterday, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog2020
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    That's because retirements still outpace new hires. That still doesn't mean they're not hiring a lot.

• MadDog2020
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Over 2,100 (give or take) troopers have been hired since the freeze ended in 2012. That's the overwhelming majority of the road force. Personally I wouldn't consider that a "state of decline" in hiring.

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Last edited by MadDog2020; Yesterday, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• far1993
    replied
    It is still DIFFERENT circumstances, sure it's likely worse than the 2008 freeze that everyone keeps comparing this to, but that's the funny thing about government - it makes no sense sometimes.

For example I'm currently employed by my county's police department and during the 2008 recession we had our paychecks lagged, promotions delayed for years, and a hiring freeze on top of all of that. Currently in today's pandemic which is worse than the 2008 recession - we have NONE of those same problems. We're still getting new hires, still getting our step raises, and we're still getting promotions.

This is a different set of circumstances compared to 2008, is it worse? Probably but the response is completely different. There's no need at all to fear monger. Were frozen now and it will end when it ends. Stop speculating the worst - hope for the best - and WAIT!
    Last edited by far1993; 09-13-2020, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ascaldwell
    replied
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree. That's probably the least of our worries right now. There's a reason that there is an ammo shortage.
    Last edited by ascaldwell; 09-13-2020, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Last edited by MadDog2020; Yesterday, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ascaldwell
    replied
    When there is money basically lol. Keep in mind that Congress has filibustered any kind of relief bill until after the election (no state bailout anyway). Also, keep in mind that there is no such thing as a budget problem for any government. It is almost always a spending problem.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5554 users online. 303 members and 5251 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X