Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trooper4985
    Enlarged Member
    • Jul 2003

[QUOTE=RGratton]I did hear something about the possibility of an Oswego class a while ago. However, I haven
    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• RGratton
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

2006-2007 Budget

Here is a link to Governor Pataki

Comment

• mtnliving
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2006

simple question

Im not living in ny right now, but plan on it in the furture. Ive heard of the ny troopers having a testing in a couple years, 1-2 from now. I was wondering how strict they are with the bi, i have heard they do not allow any drug use, then i have heard that they just want you to be honest with them if you had over five years ago, or if any at all. maybe some of you that have gone through this can give me some insite on this matter.

-thanks

Comment

• Trooper4985
          Enlarged Member
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mtnliving
          Im not living in ny right now, but plan on it in the furture. Ive heard of the ny troopers having a testing in a couple years, 1-2 from now. I was wondering how strict they are with the bi, i have heard they do not allow any drug use, then i have heard that they just want you to be honest with them if you had over five years ago, or if any at all. maybe some of you that have gone through this can give me some insite on this matter.

-thanks
          Drug usage is not the issue.. Integrity issues are what get's most people DQed. Smoke a little weed 8 years ago in high school when you were dumb... not a big deal. Smoke weed after you've decided that you want a career in law enforcement... probably not someone I want to work with. Listing "Meth Cook" as one of your previous jobs or "winner of High Times Best Hydro Setup contest" as a major accomplishment... don't waste your time taking the test.

Telling the truth about mistakes you have made in the past is the right thing to do. Maybe they will tell you that your issues are too recent and you should defer to a later class and take time to show us that you've changed... it happens a lot. I know a Senior Investigator's son and a couple of local Police Officers who have been told they need to give it some more time before they will be considered for appointment to the academy. Lie about things you've done and you wont have to worry about psych tests and polygraphs because you'll be dropped from processing and probably told to not apply again.

Integrity is what gets guys fired too... not their actions... lieing about what they did is what gets them fired.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Knott333
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2005

Nysp

i agree with you all.

Comment

• WishIKnew
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2006

Hey Guys

Hello everyone, Just came across this site, its good to see other people going through the same uncertainty I am going through. About the Oswego academy, I have heard this also. The new gun control task force is really pushing the numbers way up, very good for us. The Academy in Oswego is currently used for the EnCon cops, but unlike the SP they don't have an academy every 6 months.

I'm also interested as to when people hear about the Medical, so if anyone gets a letter please let us know. Also, about the DQ letters, a buddy of mine went through the whole process last year and never reieved a letter saying he wasn't in until after the academy had already started. Are they pretty good about letting you know if you didn't get in?

One more thing, as you all know the last processing was for deferred applications and military, therefore the rankings are going to be pretty skewed due to the extra 5 points military and higher ranking deferred people. My number is in the 1700's. Any idea on where that puts me on the list for the April academy, I'd rather not wait another 6 months, but I will if I have to. Lets keep everyone posted.
              Last edited by WishIKnew; 01-19-2006, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• mike the marine

If your in the 1700's and haven't been disqualified, you'll be in the next class. Your only worries which are not really worries at all is when the medical will be, and most importantly when the academy will start.(just like the rest of us in this forum)

Comment

• wannabeenytrp
                  Gray and Purple
                  • Mar 2004

We just got an email stating that the April class will be 260 and the following class most probably will be the same size.

I don't recall but I believe it also stated that they will reach 4,200 on the list from this class, and there is another testing (processing weekend) taking place in early Feb. As most of you know they may call upto 4,200 but not all will get the nod for the academy; it depending on how qualified the candidates are...

Good luck to those waiting and I am thinking a lot of people will be getting some kind of correspondence from the NYSP in the next 6 months...
                  Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

• Troophopeful
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2005

Wannabeenytrp,

Thanks for the update, sounds good.
                    Last edited by Troophopeful; 01-21-2006, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• WishIKnew
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2006

Thanks for the info.

Listen to this guys. The NYPD just called to see if I was interested in entering the January 31's class. 300 new spots just opened up for the academy and they need to fill them. I guess they can process me in 10 days, thats not saying a lot for the NYPD. They must really be hurting for qualified applicants since I just got my scores from the test last week.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
                        Cherub of Justice
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by WishIKnew
                        Thanks for the info.

Listen to this guys. The NYPD just called to see if I was interested in entering the January 31's class. 300 new spots just opened up for the academy and they need to fill them. I guess they can process me in 10 days, thats not saying a lot for the NYPD. They must really be hurting for qualified applicants since I just got my scores from the test last week.

What are you going to do? take the job with NYPD?

Or hold out for SP?
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• WishIKnew
                          Forum Member
                          • Jan 2006

I told the NYPD that I wasn't interestd in the upcoming class, but to keep me on the list for the July class. It would be a mistake for me to give up on the SP so easily. 28K for 5 years would be a huge pay cut for me. How does anyone live on that? Now, if I don't get into the SP that will change things.

Comment

• Ferraranj
                            Forum Member
                            • Dec 2005

Question

I was wondering if one of you guys could give some feedback on this to put my mind at ease. My BI finished my background in the end of Nov and I havent heard anything from him since. Then last week he called and told me that he got a call from Albany and that there was two tickets I got that I didnt tell him about. I guess they were two tickets on got on the base when I was in the military, one for seatbelt and not wearing a jacket on my motorcycle. I had honestly forgot that I received them and on the base the tickets dont go on your license just on your military driving report. My question is are these tickets going to hinder my package at all or am I really over analyzing the whole thing. Other than those tickets and a three others i got in my life (one of which was speeding) I have nothing else derogatory on my background. No drug use, excellent credit, and no criminal offenses of any kind. Thanks in advance for you responses.
                            TrooperNY

Comment

• ChrisNJ28
                              Forum Member
                              • Jan 2006

Hello All..

Newbie here...

If you knew you weren't in good enough physical shape to breeze through the physical fitness test, would you still attend the processing weekend anyway? I am thinking about deferring to the next processing sometime later in the year and using that time to get myself in the best possible shape...

Any insights you guys could provide would be very helpful...

Comment

• RGratton
                                Forum Member
                                • Feb 2005

ChrisNJ28, if I knew that I was going to have trouble with the physical agility test, then I would probably defer if possible. The academy isn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12110 users online. 75 members and 12035 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...