Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluelineinc
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2018

Got the word today the class will be of 250 starting January 14th!!!!

Comment

• Octopuppy
    Forum Member
    • May 2018

Originally posted by Bluelineinc
    Got the word today the class will be of 250 starting January 14th!!!!
    I wonder how long we will have to wait between the medical on November 3rd and invites going out. Hopefully they send them out a few weeks after like usual but that is a lot more time then normal in between. The wait is going to be brutal.

Comment

• Bluelineinc
      Bluelineinc commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right. The trooper who I talked to yesterday said we might find out that day but he said he was going to look more into it!

• Octopuppy
      Octopuppy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that would be strange, don't think I've heard of that happening before. If you hear deffinetly let us know.

• Bluelineinc
      Bluelineinc commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought so too, but he's pretty high up there. if I hear anything I will update ya'll!

• TripleH92
      TripleH92 commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be great if we found out that day! What a way to start the new year!
  • waspbite
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2016

Anyone meet with their investigator yet?

Comment

• NyNarc
      NyNarc commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two friends who have met with their investigator.

• TripleH92
      TripleH92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Friend of mine got his investigator assigned.Wonder when that group will have their medical since ours is november 3rd..i bet they will go back early december since the academy is tentative to start in january.
      Last edited by TripleH92; 10-26-2018, 10:37 PM.
  • dimakoren
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2018

Must be a New York State resident and have a valid New York State driver's license at time of appointment.
    --
    If I have address in NYC and NY driver license, but I live in NJ. Would that still satisfy the above statement at the time of the appointment?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      No it will not. You must be a primary resident of NYS. You can interpret it as you will. It goes above Division, it's a NYS law.
  • Octopuppy
    Forum Member
    • May 2018

Originally posted by dimakoren
    Must be a New York State resident and have a valid New York State driver's license at time of appointment.
    --
    If I have address in NYC and NY driver license, but I live in NJ. Would that still satisfy the above statement at the time of the appointment?

Thanks in advance
    I would call member hiring to get a definettive answer on that. Is the address on your liscence for the NYC residence?

Comment

• NYCopper
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2015

--

Thanks in advance
      Seems pretty clear to me. People get fired for not living in NY. Troopers have tried and failed to live in NJ or PA with disastrous results. Go ahead and bet your 120k a year job on it...what’s the worst that can happen.

Comment

• NYCopper
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Tommy_V

I bet you have Florida plates too, sellout *****
        Bahahaha.

Comment

• dimakoren
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by NYCopper

Seems pretty clear to me. People get fired for not living in NY. Troopers have tried and failed to live in NJ or PA with disastrous results. Go ahead and bet your 120k a year job on it...what’s the worst that can happen.
          I'm still a candidate. I do understand that I have to live in NYS after the appointment and when I get hired. My question is prior to the appointment will that matter that I'm located in NJ temporarily...
          Last edited by dimakoren; 10-26-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• dimakoren
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Octopuppy

I would call member hiring to get a definettive answer on that. Is the address on your liscence for the NYC residence?
            Yes license is NYC residence.

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              You will need to live in NYS at the date of appointment. If you want to try to risk it or game the system, that's up to you. Keep in mind this is a public forum and Division knows about and reads this thread.
          • NYCopper
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2015

I'm still a candidate. I do understand that I have to live in NYS after the appointment and when I get hired. My question is prior to the appointment will that matter that I'm located in NJ temporarily...
            Prior to appointment you can live anywhere. No one cares. It’s after appointment that it matters.

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              More specifically, on the date of appointment.
          • leo1112
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2013

Congrats to you guys... BURPEES!!!

Comment

• Arctyler
              Forum Member
              • May 2017

How does the academy work if someone has extenuating circumstances outside of the academy? I have a brother getting married on a Sunday later in the upcoming academy and was wondering if they’d make an exception to anything like that.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                The job knows you have an outside life. PM me and I'll give you a better answer.
            • NYCopper
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Arctyler
              How does the academy work if someone has extenuating circumstances outside of the academy? I have a brother getting married on a Sunday later in the upcoming academy and was wondering if they’d make an exception to anything like that.
              They make exceptions occasionally. You don’t have to be back at the academy until Sunday night so you can probably make the wedding and just miss the good part (reception). Get use to it. Your gonna miss every birthday, holiday, and wedding you want to go to for the next 20 years anyways...

Comment

• All_ American
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2014

**You're **

Comment

• Dlec241125
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2018

I had my psych exam October 19th, when should I expect a call from my BI? Has anyone else heard from their BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18708 users online. 42 members and 18666 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...