X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Striker Eureka
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by zf25
    Hello everyone, I have a quick question regarding the push ups during processing weekend. What is the hand position that they expect? Such as thumbs on the line and fingers pointed forward, inward towards chest, or outwards from chest? Any info helps, thanks.

Comment

• jaguarshark
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2012

Men have the biggest issue with the situps. Often once the clock starts, nerves and anxiety hits and your abs can fail midway into it. Don't go 1000% right away or you will burn out before you hit your number. Just concentrate on your pace and don't try to knock out 80 situps.

Don't be afraid to encourage each other on the run. You do the run in a pack so pump each other up. In case you don't know, you can wear a watch to pace yourself. You can also walk if you need to catch your breath.

Pushups are self-explanatory. It's untimed so you can keep doing them until you fall on your face. So that means you can lock your arms and take small rests in the 'up' position.
      Last edited by jaguarshark; 06-10-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• UpstateRam
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by jaguarshark
        Men have the biggest issue with the situps. Often once the clock starts, nerves and anxiety hits and your abs can fail midway into it. Don't go 1000% right away or you will burn out before you hit your number. Just concentrate on your pace and don't try to knock out 80 situps.

Don't be afraid to encourage each other on the run. You do the run in a pack so pump each other up. In case you don't know, you can wear a watch to pace yourself. You can also walk if you need to catch your breath.

Pushups are self-explanatory. It's untimed so you can keep doing them until you fall on your face. So that means you can lock your arms and take small rests in the 'up' position.

Good advice, thank you Sir. Can't wait for the 25th- I'm ready! Do they call out your time with each lap you complete? Do the troopers count your sit-ups/ push-ups out loud as you do them?

Comment

• jaguarshark
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by UpstateRam
          Good advice, thank you Sir. Can't wait for the 25th- I'm ready! Do they call out your time with each lap you complete? Do the troopers count your sit-ups/ push-ups out loud as you do them?
          They count your situps and pushups as you do them.

You count your own laps, they assume you can count to 6.

Comment

• UpstateRam
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by jaguarshark
            They count your situps and pushups as you do them.

You count your own laps, they assume you can count to 6.

I said "do they call out your time with each lap", never asked if they count your laps- thankfully I can count to 6 and run. Thank you for confirming that they count the situps/ pushups as they're completed.

Comment

• Eaglesfootball1313
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

Anyone hear a date yet for the next academy?

Comment

• Striker Eureka
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313
                Anyone hear a date yet for the next academy?
                I know someone who is in the Academy now and he said they are graduating beginning of October. So if you take the time it takes for the cleaning staff to hose off the dorms, I would say end of October.

Comment

• Eaglesfootball1313
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Striker Eureka
                  I know someone who is in the Academy now and he said they are graduating beginning of October. So if you take the time it takes for the cleaning staff to hose off the dorms, I would say end of October.
                  Yea I figured it was going to be around then.

Comment

• Striker Eureka
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313
                    Yea I figured it was going to be around then.
                    Yea give a take a few weeks. I am still waiting for psych results, kind of weird how I met my BI and he did the old house tour already.

Comment

• zf25
                      Forum Member
                      • Aug 2015

For our Selective Service certificate, do we need the official certificate or would a paper off of the selective service website that certifies that we are registered for the selective service suffice? Additionally anyone going to processing weekend on the 25th bring the original and a copy of your selective service certificate (first packet states that the original and a copy for NYSP records is necessary).

Comment

• UpstateRam
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2016

For our Selective Service certificate, do we need the official certificate or would a paper off of the selective service website that certifies that we are registered for the selective service suffice? Additionally anyone going to processing weekend on the 25th bring the original and a copy of your selective service certificate (first packet states that the original and a copy for NYSP records is necessary).
                        I didn't want to take a chance so I got the original- I'll bring both the 25th.

Comment

• reils49
                          Forum Member
                          • Sep 2006

If the packet you received states bring the original & a copy, what do you think you should bring? A lot of this is making sure you can follow simple instructions.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• m.p.c
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by reils49
                            If the packet you received states bring the original & a copy, what do you think you should bring? A lot of this is making sure you can follow simple instructions.
                            Or get used to surprise smoke sessions.

Comment

• zf25
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2015

Troop recruiter said the website registration proof is enough to satisfy the selective service certificate. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

• crau1211
                                Forum Member
                                • Apr 2015

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GONE THROUGH IT, OR ARE ALREADY ON THE JOB....

Would it be okay if I wore a wrist-sweatband during the run? I do not want to stand out or draw attention to myself in any way, but when I run I sweat way too much. It is almost embarrassing how much I sweat, and having something as simple as a wristband for a quick wipe down would make me much more comfortable - as opposed to me constantly using my shirt and possibly having sweat drip into my eyes.

I know it's a strange question, but any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17403 users online. 19 members and 17384 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...