X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharpshooter518
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2008

Hey,

Would smoking weed about 20 times in my life and the last time being about 2 years ago disqualify me from being a trooper?

Thanks

Comment

• Yankees13
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Trooper4985
      Official radio traffic was "12 - Fail to comply north on Judson from Church" but pursuit sounds so much cooler

As has been discussed many times before... "busy" is a subjective term and varies from post to post and barracks to barracks.

Slow in Highland would be considered a ball beating in Amity. Busy in Amity would be considered a walk in the park in Plattsburg.
      Thanks for the replies.

Comment

• Trooper4985
        Enlarged Member
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by sharpshooter518
        Hey,

Would smoking weed about 20 times in my life and the last time being about 2 years ago disqualify me from being a trooper?

Thanks
        This type of question has been answered many times before... each candidate is a case by case basis.

If I was a BI and you told me you have wanted to be a cop (any agency) since you were a teen and you decided you wanted to be addressed as Trooper instead of Deputy 3 years ago... then you smoked weed even 1 time... I'd tell you you should probably apply elsewhere and come back to us for the next test and to keep your nose squeeky clean between now and then.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Dr. Peebody
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Trooper4985
          Started the day off with a short pursuit and ended it with 15 UTT's, 2 UPM's 2 ABC's and a DWI.
          what were the ABC charges?

Comment

• NYSPJOB
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sgtmccarty
            You never know what someone else has!
            Last night when I got home, I confronted a college kid for urinating next to my car in the driveway.
            Well he pulls a knife, (needless to say I don't carry) but my mind is changed now!
            Thinking of the Kel-tec p11 to stay at the house or maybe even for CCW?
            Have kids so I think a shot gun is out of the question.
            Any suggestions????
            I carry EVERYDAY to and from work. Why you ask? Because I can. My tool of choice is the GLOCK 27 with night sights. It is .40 S&W caliber and holds 9+1. I just ordered a NY-1 trigger and extended slide lock lever to add to it for that muscle memory training. My reason for the 27 is I like to shoot a lot, and the ammo is much easier to find and much cheaper (500 rounds for $140) than .45 GAP ammo. Plus the 39 (.45GAP) only holds 6+1 rounds. I have a huge hand and I find the sub-compact to be very comfortable mainly because I bought magazine extensions. I find it rather easy to conceal. With the lighter trigger pull that comes standard, it is exceptionally accurate. Time will tell how accurate it is with the NY-1 trigger. I also got the GLOCK L/E discount.
            Another purchase I plan to make in the future is a RUGAR LCP. My dad just bought one, It is a very accurate and inexpensive (less than $300) firearm chambered in .380 and easily fits in pants pockets. The fit and finish does not compare to the GLOCK though. Good Luck finding an LCP as they are hard to come by. It took a month to get and the dealer could only get one of three he ordered.
            Last edited by NYSPJOB; 03-29-2009, 09:03 PM. Reason: added information

Comment

• Trooper4985
              Enlarged Member
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody
              what were the ABC charges?
              That wasn't part of the pursuit... he ran because he was SCOFFed 2x... that's all. Got some Corona and weed out of a car that was otherwise occupied by a couple of guys, 16 and 18 years old, and the biggest jar of vasoline I have ever seen
              Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-29-2009, 11:58 PM.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• OneDay
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2008

I thought this weekend was very well organized. I've heard and been through worse.

Now the real fun begins......
                NCPD-93.813
                NYSP-94.643 Ranked 1,8XX
                Passed The Weekend Processing
                SCPD-89.7
                PAPD-PASSED AND WAITING
                NYPD-PASSED

Comment

• sgtmccarty
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by NYSPJOB
                  Another purchase I plan to make in the future is a RUGAR LCP. My dad just bought one, It is a very accurate and inexpensive (less than $300) firearm chambered in .380 and easily fits in pants pockets. The fit and finish does not compare to the GLOCK though. Good Luck finding an LCP as they are hard to come by. It took a month to get and the dealer could only get one of three he ordered.
                  I also was looking at the LCP which they have local at Gander Mountain. But picking it up I only have two fingers on the gun. That's why I was looking at the Kel-Tec. Almost the same, but I can get three fingers on it, and can buy the clip ext to have my whole hand on the gun. Also the LCP is 7 rounds and the Kel-Tec is 11.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
                    Cherub of Justice
                    • Sep 2005

Anybody interested in the NCO realignment issue should visit the PBA website.

I had a hunch this place wasn't hell afterall, only purgatory.
                    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• GrayState
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2006

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• dirker1045
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2009

Does anyone have any idea when the next NYS Trooper Exam will take place? I missed the one back in 08....Is it usually a test given every two years? Thanks

Comment

• BradyBeck
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dirker1045
                          Does anyone have any idea when the next NYS Trooper Exam will take place? I missed the one back in 08....Is it usually a test given every two years? Thanks

The test is given every 4 years. So 2012, atleast..... Could even be longer than that.

Comment

• Hope4Badge50
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2009

Hey,

Just wanted to introduce myself.. im currently on wait to become a trooper and ive been reading this forum for quite some time. On March 28 I went to the processing weekend and it went pretty good, next step is the psych. interview. Ive wanted to be a trooper for quite some time and for the most part kept myself out of trouble, so im hoping everything goes well. I look forward to the discussions.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
                              Cherub of Justice
                              • Sep 2005

Good luck Hope4.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
                                Cherub of Justice
                                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OneDay
                                I thought this weekend was very well organized. I've heard and been through worse.

Now the real fun begins......
                                How many people would estimate processed?

I heard turnout was horrible, which is good news for anyone who actually showed up and passed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20401 users online. 60 members and 20341 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...