Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NYSP2b

6 days after the initial appointment letter was reported I finally got my letter today!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much to everyone for the great information and steadfast support. I truly appreciate it. Now comes the real challange for the next 6 months. I will see you all there on the 20th. THANK GOD THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Guest; 03-28-2008, 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Code21
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2008

Congrats to all that have made it through the grueling process, it must feel incredible!

Comment

• Trooper4985
        Enlarged Member
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by NYSP2b
        Now comes the real challange for the next 6 months.
        Not so much of a challenge (that you might win or lose... you have already won) as a test of how much heart you have and how thick your skin is... and that test goes on way after the academy... I've seen people quit during FTO and there have even been guys who did the job for a few years before they realized it wasn't for them.

Originally posted by OOC910
        Thanks, I'll be more careful with my choice of words in the future.
        You have to think about what you are saying and how you are acting 24/7 now. People know who you are, and how easy it is to get you in trouble over the stupidest things, that shouldn't even be an issue but because you wear a uniform they are. Hostile work environment allegations are a nasty thing and it only takes 1 comment or act, that wasn't intended to be taken as it was, to end up in a world of hurt and possibly out of a job.
        Last edited by Trooper4985; 03-29-2008, 05:25 AM.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• OOC910
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2008

Last edited by OOC910; 03-29-2008, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• NYSP61
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by GrayPatriot
            There are plenty of other good agencies out there.
            Another example of the professionalism exhibited by members of the NYSP.

I know it sounds silly, but little comments like that make those of us that don't wear the gray and purple want to even more.

Thanks again to all the troopers on here for your constant help.

Comment

• MB Troop
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by NYSP2b
              6 days after the initial appointment letter was reported I finally got my letter today!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much to everyone for the great information and steadfast support. I truly appreciate it. Now comes the real challange for the next 6 months. I will see you all there on the 20th. THANK GOD THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Congratulations on receiving the appointment letter NYSP2b!!! Good Luck to you and all the others who have made it through this long process so far!!

As to those of us who are still waiting, let us always keep strong and positive.

Congrats again!!!

Comment

• gsp
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2007

Well today is a good day, my packet came. Thanks to all the people that posted information about the process, it really helped.
                Congrats to all the guys that got the letter. See ya on the 20.

Comment

• trooperhopefull
                  L Trooper
                  • Jul 2007

Congrats NYSP2b and gsp on your letters. Good luck and see you up in Albany on the 20th.
                  NYSP............
                  Letter of appointment 3/22/08

Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
                  Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• ME1998
                    Forum Member
                    • Apr 2005

april 20th is when the nysp starts its next academy?

Comment

• Trooper4985
                      Enlarged Member
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ME1998
                      april 20th is when the nysp starts its next academy?
                      I saw a teletype with a list of the instructors and that date on it so I would venture a guess that the appointment letters are not wrong
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• ATrooper2b
                        Harry Callahan
                        • Dec 2006

Academy invite...

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response, was away for couple of days, but my invite was waiting in the mailbox just now when I got home. Pretty heavy envelope, thought they mailed me some magazines

Congrats two the 2 guys that also got theirs and I hope the other couple of guys waiting get theirs this week too.

See ya's on the 20th.

By the way... is a Birthday suit considered business attire?
                        sigpic
                        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• ATrooper2b
                          Harry Callahan
                          • Dec 2006

Oh! almost forgot... A big thank you to all of you on this forum that have given me an enormous amount of good advice and info over that last 2 years. Namely: SDT, Trooper4985, GrayState, GrayPatriot, VZMan, ML75, FutureTPR, Dirtyduce, Troopster78, MB Troop, GSP, Trooperhopefull and anyone else that was a help in this long, long, long process. I will take every bit of advice with me to the academy and apply in every way possible.

I won't be able to post here anymore once the academy starts, but will definitely update you guys after graduation.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you that will be there April 20th and those of you who just took the written.
                          sigpic
                          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• DubyaSTI

First post here...first of all congrats to every one that received their invite to the Academy. Second, this thread has provided me with some great information as I've been processing with the NYSP, so thanks to every one for that.
                            I went through all of the processing including the medical a few weeks back. I'm anxiously awaiting that package in the mail. Let me just say this has been the most stressful/anxious period of waiting I have ever experienced (I'm sure I'm not the only one). It's something I'll never forget. Every day that passes I'm sure my blood pressure raises a few points, haha.

Thanks again to every one for all of the info, I'll be sure to post up if I should receive that coveted envelope. Best of luck to all!

Comment

• phoenix23
                              Forum Member
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gsp
                              Well today is a good day, my packet came. Thanks to all the people that posted information about the process, it really helped.
                              Congrats to all the guys that got the letter. See ya on the 20.
                              Congrats gsp, good luck at the academy.

Comment

• Standing_Tall
                                Forum Member
                                • Aug 2007

Good luck to everyone who made it. It is worth it. Remaining anonymous will be hard in a small class, so don't do anything to draw attention to yourself. If your going to come into the Academy on the 20th, make sure you don't just bring your own cup of coffee with you, make sure you have enough for the training officers also. I believe there is a Dunkin Donuts across the road......
                                Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                                American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12088 users online. 75 members and 12013 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...