Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlowDownThere
    Cherub of Justice
    • Sep 2005

Sorry to hear about the DQ VZ. Are you going to try with other agencies or stick it out with Verizon?
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• VZMan
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP
      VZMAN, I am so sorry to be informed of your bad fortune. I along with everyone else in this forum can really say you would have made a good addition to the ranks. I do hope you choose to stay with law enforcement and find something suitable for yourself that has less of a vision requirement. Best of luck.
      Thank you for your condolences. I am extremly disappointed to say the least.

As far continuing to persue a law enforcement career, I am undecided at this point. Not to degrade any other agency out there, but NYSP was really my first and only choice. Not to sound arrogent but I do believe from a purely monetary standpoint ( not that anyone gets into law enforcement for the pay) but where I have worked for 8.5yrs, the pay and benefits are comparable to that of the NYSP and I would probably be foolish to give it up at this point for an agency of my second choice.

Comment

• John2008
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by VZMan
        Unfortunatly my DQ was confirmed by the Division Doctor on two seperate occasions. I'm not one that accepts failure very easily but in this instance, its out of my control and I will have to throw in the towel I guess.

I already paid my fee for the upcoming exam and may still take it just for the hell of it to see if I can score better than last time. Plus one never knows what type of new procedures for vision correction may arise in the future.

Thank you again to everyone who was helpful in the past on here.
        there are still some agencies you can apply to with 20/30 vision corrected. Give it a try but never give up
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• VZMan
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
          Sorry to hear about the DQ VZ. Are you going to try with other agencies or stick it out with Verizon?
          Hey SDT,

I think my above post answers your question. I don't dislike what I'm doing now, I just am unsure if I want to do it for another 20yrs or so. Law enforcement has always been what I wanted to do but I have to weigh the pro's and con's at this point I guess.

Comment

• GrayState
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2006

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• SlowDownThere
              Cherub of Justice
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by VZMan
              .... but where I have worked for 8.5yrs, the pay and benefits are comparable to that of the NYSP and I would probably be foolish to give it up at this point for an agency of my second choice.
              That is a very mature and realistic attitude.
              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• VZMan
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by GrayState
                Sorry to hear VZMan. While it's mostly the same type of work in many areas if you do decide to test elsewhere, I understand your money concerns (especially if you happen to have a family). Good luck in whatever you choose.
                Thanks for the well wishes. Hey if the process was easy and not that selective, everyone would get through it. Those who do obiviously do for a reason and I give them a lot of credit.

Although, if I hear from one more person that "everything happens for a reason," I might just flip! Hahaha

Comment

• VZMan
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by SlowDownThere
                  That is a very mature and realistic attitude.
                  Thanks SDT! I'm trying to stay positive in light of everything but damn this one is a tough pill to swallow. But hey life will go on, just not in a blue and gold.

Comment

• gsp
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2007

Hey VZ one of my good friends scored well on the last test but was eliminated from the process, he says that he sill thinks about it often. He has now moved on and readjusted his goals and is starting to come around.
                    There are other positions out there but it seems that some might not fit your situation. Whatever you choose good luck.

Comment

• FUTURETPR
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2007

Just got back from Wayne Bennett's retirement party. I thought it was awesome and it was just a great evening. Although I didn't know too many people there my girlfriend and I mingled and I networked. . I think Supt. Bennett did a great job with the State Police and I look forward to joining the ranks with Mr. Felton. It was a very nice ceremony, lots of food, lots of speeches, lots of awards. It was also nice to see Tpr. Donald Baker there in full spirits and healthy; And to see Tpr. Craig Todeschini and Tpr. John McKenna's parents on hand for the event. I don't think people tell you Troopers enough how much your service is appreciated, but it truly is!
                      sigpic

Comment

• FUCCO
                        Forum Member
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP
                        Just got back from Wayne Bennett's retirement party. I thought it was awesome and it was just a great evening. Although I didn't know too many people there my girlfriend and I mingled and I networked. . I think Supt. Bennett did a great job with the State Police and I look forward to joining the ranks with Mr. Felton. It was a very nice ceremony, lots of food, lots of speeches, lots of awards. It was also nice to see Tpr. Donald Baker there in full spirits and healthy; And to see Tpr. Craig Todeschini and Tpr. John McKenna's parents on hand for the event. I don't think people tell you Troopers enough how much your service is appreciated, but it truly is!
                        Bennett a great job. He remindsbe of Sheriff Buford T Justice. Anyway, you will have a lot to learn.. Bennett and Felton are opposites. Bennett was a HQ guy and Felton is a Troopers guy. IF u get my drift

Comment

• GrayState
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2006

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• FUTURETPR
                            Forum Member
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by FUCCO
                            Bennett a great job. He remindsbe of Sheriff Buford T Justice. Anyway, you will have a lot to learn.. Bennett and Felton are opposites. Bennett was a HQ guy and Felton is a Troopers guy. IF u get my drift
                            I totally catch your drift. I know from my time in HQ that things were always said about the two. I am very much aware of how opposite they are on the spectrum.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Trooper4985
                              Enlarged Member
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by FUCCO
                              Bennett a great job. He remindsbe of Sheriff Buford T Justice.
                              Hahaha... mustache and all

"Nobody, and I mean NOBODY makes Sheriff Buford T. Justice look like a possum's pecker."
                              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• John2008
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Trooper4985
                                Hahaha... mustache and all

"Nobody, and I mean NOBODY makes Sheriff Buford T. Justice look like a possum's pecker."
                                haven't seen you on here in a while, took a vacation??? lol
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12318 users online. 72 members and 12246 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...