• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    nycnyspolice
    Forum Member

• nycnyspolice
    replied
    Does anybody know if the next class is confirmed and when it will be. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• SamuelJ
    Forum Member

• SamuelJ
    replied
    Has anyone ever failed the pat 1.5 run by a few seconds and been called back? I failed my run by six seconds I couldn't believe it, and what makes it worse is I'm 31 years old an not eligible for the next test

Leave a comment:

• jluna8
    Christ is Risen

• jluna8
    replied
    So after psych, you will be assigned an investigator? is that only if you pass psych?

Leave a comment:

• DemBills
    Forum Member

• DemBills
    commented on 's reply
    Your oral psych and an investigator will get assigned your background investigation.
  • 845Trooper
    Forum Member

• 845Trooper
    replied
    What’s the exact steps after processing weekend guys ?

Leave a comment:

• jaguarshark
    Forum Member

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    To be clear, the check was for high BMI, not low.
  • howardo
    Forum Member

• howardo
    commented on 's reply
    I find it unbelievable that in a country with a obesity “crisis”, that there was a time where they would fail people for being too thin
  • jaguarshark
    Forum Member

• jaguarshark
    replied
    Originally posted by JustHopeful View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a weight requirement I need to worry about for the medical? I can easily pass the fitness portion and I’m healthy however, I’m a 6 foot 1 male age 25 who is is 150lb to 155lb, according to the BMI, I am “normal” weight but I also am aware I am pretty thin and would hate to get so far to fail because of being under weight. I understand gaining wouldn’t hurt which is absolutely the goal, but anyone have experience with weight (either too low or too high) when at their medical and if that’s a disqualification risk?
    Thank You!
    No. If you pass the PT test you'll be fine. Years ago there was a BMI test, but that is long gone.

Leave a comment:

• JustHopeful
    Forum Member

• JustHopeful
    replied
    Does anyone know if there is a weight requirement I need to worry about for the medical? I can easily pass the fitness portion and I’m healthy however, I’m a 6 foot 1 male age 25 who is is 150lb to 155lb, according to the BMI, I am “normal” weight but I also am aware I am pretty thin and would hate to get so far to fail because of being under weight. I understand gaining wouldn’t hurt which is absolutely the goal, but anyone have experience with weight (either too low or too high) when at their medical and if that’s a disqualification risk?
    Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• JustHopeful
    Forum Member

• JustHopeful
    replied
    so a few things (I’m not 100% sure how it goes but I can tell you what I heard/saw) a family friend of mine had no idea he didn’t have good vision and when he did the eye test he failed! They told him to go get LASIK and come back (I think they mean come back next processing weekend, he decided it wasn’t worth it for him and never went back). When I did the eye exam, that test wasn’t easy! I always thought I have great eyes but turns out I have 20 21 I think they said (one eye isn’t as good) the test was one where you put your eyes into those machine things (I won’t give details because idk if I’m allowed to discuss the tests at all, maybe I’m being paranoid but). Now when I was also there, I remember the troopers outside the doors saying “grab your glasses or contacts because you can only take this test once” so it sounded like the troopers let people do the test with their glasses/contacts (but that was the troopers that said that outside the testing site, I do not know what the rules were for those with glasses/contact inside the testing site with eye doctors or if they had different rules. I would try to find out because maybe it will be important to have your glasses in your pocket, or your contact in your eyes rather than your car during the test. I don’t remember if it happened on day one or day two.

Originally posted by Squez818 View Post
    What is your uncorrected vision? My vision was awful without contacts. I barely passed the vision. Since I’ve been on the job I got Lasik and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent. But I am pretty sure if you fail the vision you have the option to get Lasik but I’m not sure. There were a few guys in the 209 that got lasik right before we started.

Leave a comment:

• Squez818
    Forum Member

• Squez818
    commented on 's reply
    My prescription was about the same and I had a bad astigmatism. I’m not sure about the logistics but I would talk to your recruiter about what happens if you fail the eye exam.
  • Surferr722
    Forum Member

• Surferr722
    commented on 's reply
    My prescription for my contacts is -4.00. So if I fail the vision without using my glasses or contacts they’ll let me come back Sunday but tell me to get lasik? I was suppose to get lasik last week but my recruiter told me I can’t get any procedure within 30 days of the exam so I have to wait until after the processing weekend
  • Squez818
    Forum Member

• Squez818
    commented on 's reply
    What is your uncorrected vision? My vision was awful without contacts. I barely passed the vision. Since I’ve been on the job I got Lasik and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent. But I am pretty sure if you fail the vision you have the option to get Lasik but I’m not sure. There were a few guys in the 209 that got lasik right before we started.
  • Surferr722
    Forum Member

• Surferr722
    replied
    I’m going up to Albany for the PAT & Medical next weekend. I’m confident in the physical test but I’m worried about the vision as my eyesight is bad. Can anyone explain the process in the vision test? Do they have you look inside a machine or read off letters? My uncorrected vision is awful but with my contacts I can see 20/20 and I’m worried I’m going to be DQ.

Leave a comment:

• Ingoldof
    Forum Member

• Ingoldof
    commented on 's reply
    I have used Norman Hall's, Barron's, and Kaplan. My favorite has been the Kaplan as far as relevant info and quality of questions. I have not taken a NYSP exam yet so I'm not certain how those books pertain. If the layout is what Shakados says then I would say Barron's and Kaplan would be the best, for me anyway.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5289 users online. 294 members and 4995 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X