Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, i am looking for a guy i used to work with who i think joined the New York State Police, His name is Mike Lawrence, if he is on here or if anybody knows him, PM me so i can tell him hello.

Comment

• Hey John2008
      I was in Westchester County this past weekend and saw some signs on the side of the road announcing the upcoming trooper test. Are you going up there to rip those down too?

Comment

• Originally posted by gsp View Post
        Hey John2008
        I was in Westchester County this past weekend and saw some signs on the side of the road announcing the upcoming trooper test. Are you going up there to rip those down too?
        LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO, naw I'm ok they can stay up.

Speaking of Westchester anyone know when Westcherster county is going to give their next police test??????
        Last edited by John2008; 08-28-2007, 07:59 PM.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Sworn guys-

I kind of have a concern I would like to share. The more I look at different topics in these forums, the more I worry about the Vets that will be taking the test. Does NYSP give preference to Vets? I wanted to go into the military after HS, but my Father is a 'Nam vet and didn't like the idea so much. Also, I am my Mother's only child, so you can guess her feelings. I am just worried that I'm going to study so hard, work so hard, and score high on this test, only to get looked over because I'm not a Vet.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
              Sworn guys-

I kind of have a concern I would like to share. The more I look at different topics in these forums, the more I worry about the Vets that will be taking the test. Does NYSP give preference to Vets? I wanted to go into the military after HS, but my Father is a 'Nam vet and didn't like the idea so much. Also, I am my Mother's only child, so you can guess her feelings. I am just worried that I'm going to study so hard, work so hard, and score high on this test, only to get looked over because I'm not a Vet.
              I share the same feelings as you, that's why I must study my *** off for the test so I can beat those people with military points and I also do the same with the physical training, I keep hearing and reading that a lot of the troopers are former military and all the troopers I've spoken to in troop L were former military, and from what I read in this forum I also got the age thing working against me because I'm only 20 and will turn 21 on Jan 2008, my friend is a Army vet took the 2003 test and score a 80 and with his vet points he got bumped up to 85 and was called right away but he decided not to take the job 0_o instead he went with the MTAPD, I guess all I can do is take the test and hope for the best if not NYPD here I come
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• A lot of people don't need to use the vets point anyway. Usually it's not a huge factor. We've been getting a lot of military lately only because there are a lot of military out there right now. I was Army , but never used my points. Keep your head up and keep going after what you want. Remember, the military guys and girls usually do better early on getting used to the Academy and it's lifestyle, but when the bookwork comes out, usually the college educated have an easier time with better learned study habits. The best thing that happens is when you have a mixture of roommates who can help eachother out throughout the Academy (baring a lot of room-changes that is....
                Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• So is NYSP training like this?????

I was wondering if NYSP training is just like this???

Please click the link to see what I'm talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URFHApow_zA

I must say this commercial will go down as one of my fav's.

"ooooooo what they do send me a dang damn houdini"
                  LMFAOOOOOOOO
                  Last edited by John2008; 08-28-2007, 11:15 PM.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• John2008 and OTVFD...lets take the test first before we start worrying about whose getting extra credit. I have a lot of faith in you guys and a lot of confidence in myself for this test. I believe we will all score in the 90's and hopefully be processed early 2008 or early 2009. Keep your chin up! We are educated students with common sense what else could you ask for?

p.s. you dont usually see those two words in a sentence together.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                      ... my friend is a Army vet took the 2003 test and score a 80 and with his vet points he got bumped up to 85 and was called right away but he decided not to take the job 0_o instead he went with the MTAPD, I guess all I can do is take the test and hope for the best if not NYPD here I come
                      Are you talking about the NYSP test? The last test was in 2004, and with an 80-85 called right away? It was 2 years before I got my call and I had like a 91-92. My friend scored a point or so higher and he got called only a month before I did and there were 5000 people listed between us.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                        John2008 and OTVFD...lets take the test first before we start worrying about whose getting extra credit. I have a lot of faith in you guys and a lot of confidence in myself for this test. I believe we will all score in the 90's and hopefully be processed early 2008 or early 2009. Keep your chin up! We are educated students with common sense what else could you ask for?

p.s. you dont usually see those two words in a sentence together.
                        Thanks Future, that means a lot. I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens before they hatch, but the more I look in here, the more I worry. However, like mentioned before by StandingTall, we are the college educated bunch with good study habits. Hopefully, this will help us excel and we can use our academics to benefit both us and fellow recruits, also proving to ATOs that we are a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                          I am just worried that I'm going to study so hard, work so hard, and score high on this test, only to get looked over because I'm not a Vet.
                          Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                          We are educated students with common sense what else could you ask for?

It is 5 points for a vet but 10 points for a disabled vet, which trust me is now going to be a lot more than years past. To be considered disabled you only need 10% disability. Tinnitus alone will give you 10%.

Prior military also have to meet a certain education requirement and in my class most had at least a BA/BS. In my quad of 6 people 5 were prior military. We all had degrees. One was a Physican's assistant, another a physcial therapist, and Captain in the Marines -- RIP. The only non military had a Masters in something or another. When I applied I had 2 degrees and I was 2 class and a thesis shy of my Masters. I also had 8 yrs combined active/reserve time.

Once again not trying to discourage, but getting on with the NYSP is not easy. Making it into the first class is very dificult, especially if you are not prior military.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio View Post
                            Are you talking about the NYSP test? The last test was in 2004, and with an 80-85 called right away? It was 2 years before I got my call and I had like a 91-92. My friend scored a point or so higher and he got called only a month before I did and there were 5000 people listed between us.
                            ooo ok so I got my year wrong so it was 2004 not 2003, he told me he was called for processing within a year of taking the test but I think he took the one just for military people after the regular test cycle closed if I remember correctly.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                              Prior military also have to meet a certain education requirement and in my class most had at least a BA/BS. In my quad of 6 people 5 were prior military. We all had degrees. One was a Physican's assistant, another a physcial therapist, and Captain in the Marines -- RIP. The only non military had a Masters in something or another. When I applied I had 2 degrees and I was 2 class and a thesis shy of my Masters. I also had 8 yrs combined active/reserve time.

Once again not trying to discourage, but getting on with the NYSP is not easy. Making it into the first class is very dificult, especially if you are not prior military.
                              HOLY CRAP!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                                Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                                HOLY CRAP!!
                                word that's a lot, I'm only going to have a 2year associate degree in criminal Justice and a B.S. in Criminology which I finish in May, nothing near close to a Master and plus he got Military time. I guess if I don't get into the First NYSP class in 2008 I'll be in the NYPD while waiting, I start the hiring process for the NYPD in Jan when I finally turn 21 for the July 2008 class, the good thing about the NYPD is that I'll be there getting experience and plenty of it that I can bring to NYSP if I ever get hire.

P.S-Thank you to all of you that served in the Military your time is greatly appreciate it.
                                Last edited by John2008; 08-29-2007, 11:11 AM.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7277 users online. 389 members and 6888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X