Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be losing my touch, you guys are seeing right through me.

I'll try to be more subtle next time.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      For dinner, you get the best meal of the day. You always have two hot entrees to choose from. My favorite was the Chilean Sea Bass with the mango chutney. If they have that, be sure to get it. Once a week they grill T-bone steaks to order, and once a week they have prime rib. You get a nice slice too, about 2 inches thick. I would always ask the chef for an end cut that was rare.
      Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      This reminds me of "you can bring a small refrigerator with you to the academy on the first day"
      Of course. You'll need to keep your leftovers appropriately chilled. You can reheat the steak and toss it on the plate with your fluffy scrambled eggs, whole-wheat toast and fresh-squeezed orange juice in the morning. There's nothing like steak and eggs in the morning while you're reading the newspaper and relaxing before PT.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      They made a wonderful Bolognese sauce, though I though the fresh pasta was just slightly overdone. Being italien myself, I prefer the pasta al dente.
      I prefer the penne ala arrabbiata myself. Just remember to take a tray.

Comment

I must be losing my touch, you guys are seeing right through me.

I'll try to be more subtle next time.
        naw I don't think your losing your touch, I'm very sarcastic myself so I can tell when most people are.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by hxd View Post
          There's nothing like steak and eggs in the morning while you're reading the newspaper and relaxing before PT.
          LMFAOOOOOOOOO, I wish it was like that.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I've started doing the program that NYSP has on their website to improve your push-ups and so on, has anyone tried it??? I can knock out 35nonestop (I can bench close to 300 but pushups is wayyy harder than benching) I have to improve to that 40something they want for the PAT, but I want to be able to do 100+ without taking long breaks any tips???, so far I've improved on my running I tried running 4miles at a 8mile pace like they do in the academy, I can do 3miles without a problem at a 8min per mile pace but after that I sart to slow down well today was the 1st time I tried runing 4miles, I also need to improve on my sit-ups I can do the 50something they want in a min but after that I just drop lmaoooo, the only part of the academy that has me worried is the PT, I know I can do good in the academic part because I've always been good at school. but I guess first I should focus on getting a 90 or higher on the written in Jan. I really want to be a Trooper.
            Last edited by John2008; 08-25-2007, 12:37 AM.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              I really want to be a Trooper.
              Really? Because you've never indicated that before.

Comment

Yea just figure I throw that out the once again,lol
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I've started doing the program that NYSP has on their website to improve your push-ups and so on, has anyone tried it???
                  Been on it for more than 6 months. Worked good for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                    Been on it for more than 6 months. Worked good for me.
                    Originally posted by Up_On_Base
                    John 2008 -

Best way to improve push-ups is do them all the time (correctly), back off the weights, and lose some weight. For example, bang out 25-30 good form push ups 8-10 times per day whenever you get a chance, you numbers will jump in a few weeks. I never attended NYSP training but I imagine it's all about running/push/sit ups and other body resistance exercises, not hitting the gym.

When I arrived for training for the feds I only lifted weights and could bench 325 but could only knock out 46 push ups in a minute. By the end of training I was low 60's per minute and when I started lifting again I noticed that I lost a ton of strength, could barely do 300lbs on the bench.

Hope that helps.
                    Thanks guys, so I'll just keep doing in them on the everyday basis and with time it will improve just like the running did. Thanks once again. the losing weight part is hard for me lol no matter what I tired I can never get my weight to go under 202-206 I'm 5"11 so I gave up on losing weight, I mean I still eat healthy and stuff no fast food and so on but I figure as long as I can do good with the running,pushups,situps I'll be ok in the academy.
                    Last edited by John2008; 08-25-2007, 12:22 PM.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I really want to be a Trooper.
                      Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                      You guys make me laugh!
                      sigpic

Comment

• My question is, being that the scrambled eggs are fake at the Academy, and eggs are cheap, what DO they make fake scrambled eggs from that are cheaper than real eggs??? For being a health conscious instutution, they might as well put a McDonalds in there instead. If your going to eat unhealthy, at least it might taste better.
                        Be ashamed to die until you have done something good for mankind.”
                        American pastor Dr. Vernon Johnson during the Revolutionary War

Comment

• Originally posted by Standing_Tall View Post
                          My question is, being that the scrambled eggs are fake at the Academy, and eggs are cheap, what DO they make fake scrambled eggs from that are cheaper than real eggs??? For being a health conscious instutution, they might as well put a McDonalds in there instead. If your going to eat unhealthy, at least it might taste better.
                          lol, if they were to put mcd's I say get wendy's man I haven't had wendy in like 5months :-(, I think after I drop 15-20pounds I'll reward myself by eating wendy's one day lol.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Question about the vision test, the vision requierment is 20/20 in each eye and if you don't have 20/20 in each eye uncorrected by glasses than you must have 20/20 corrected by glasses right?????

I went to the eye doctor today to see how my vision is doing and I got 20/30 so I need glasses to see things far far away but with them she said I should have 20/20 so I shouldn't have to worry about the eye exam right because they would let me use them when taking the vision test right????
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Question about the vision test, the vision requierment is 20/20 in each eye and if you don't have 20/20 in each eye uncorrected by glasses than you must have 20/20 corrected by glasses right?????

I went to the eye doctor today to see how my vision is doing and I got 20/30 so I need glasses to see things far far away but with them she said I should have 20/20 so I shouldn't have to worry about the eye exam right because they would let me use them when taking the vision test right????
                              You have to be 20/100 (or better) without glasses or contacts
                              And 20/20 with glasses/contacts. So you should be OK.

http://www.nytrooper.com/vision.cfm

Comment

You have to be 20/100 (or better) without glasses or contacts
                                And 20/20 with glasses/contacts. So you should be OK.

http://www.nytrooper.com/vision.cfm
                                ok good, I read that after I posted the first time but I just wanted to be sure, I was I can't see those letters they're too blurry lmfaooooo, it came out to 20/30 thats not too bad, she said I don't even need to wear the glasses unless I need em to see something I can't see or want to, but when it comes to the vision exam for NYSP ima wear em

So SDT I was reading your thing that says the Ultimate driving machine and I just remembered that's BMW motto :thumbs up*, man I want Jan to come around so I can take my written and see what I get to see if the dream comes true.
                                Last edited by John2008; 08-28-2007, 02:02 PM.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7959 users online. 440 members and 7519 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X