Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it thank you once again i will keep you updated if I receive anything in the upcoming weeks

Comment

• Invitations for march processing already sent in email anyone got an invite?

Comment

• Originally posted by AiiMX View Post
        Invitations for march processing already sent in email anyone got an invite?
        Yep. I deferred July 2022 processing because of tats and then they changed the policy. I’ll be at the March one.

Comment

• Any idea what list # they called up to for the March processing?

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't confirm, but I believe they exhausted the list.

• I didn’t get any email from them

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Whats your list #?

• AiiMX
            AiiMX commented
            Editing a comment
            Aaaaaaaaaaa

• The website now says entrance exam summer/fall 2023

Comment

• Ds99t
            Ds99t commented
            Editing a comment
            When do you think the 1st academy class will be off the next entrance exam ?

• Hey guys, does every BI do a home visit?

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Its part of the process

• To any who may be able to offer opinion or personal experience. I have long followed this page and have used it often to track my own passage through the exam process, candidate processing, subsequent deferment, and current candidate processing call again for March 11 and 12. I have about a 1-inch beard, neatly trimmed and groomed. Is it advisable to be clean shaven for processing albeit it is not mentioned or required on the candidate processing email for personal appearance and dress code beyond well groomed and maintained? I have short hair easily kept professional so no issues. Just curious if I will be exposed by troopers or made an example of it I kept the short, groomed beard. Thanks.

Comment

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            They may make an example out of you / criticize you, but it shouldn't prevent you from getting the job (though you will have to shave it if you do get it). It will certainly bring unwanted attention. Keep it at your own risk...

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldnt worry about it. Id say just ensure it is well kept and neat. I was at the December processing and I didnt hear anyone getting messed with over facial hair. But as NYCopper said, if you get hired, you will be clean shaven for the next twenty years.

• Of course, NYCopper MJQ1992. I appreciate the input. I have had to be clean shaven many times in the past for certain jobs so that is a given and of no issue for me; I do plan to be in the department for more than 20 years given I’m accepted and get in etc etc. I very much didn’t want to show up with a military cut/buzz and clean shaven and appear as if I was “trying too hard” sort of idea. I suppose I will make the decision as processing gets closer. Thanks!

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont overthink processing weekend. Yes, it is a right if passage for Troopers(I'd say), but it's not a stressful event. It's more of a fatiguing day standing in lines and checking boxes. Best of luck to you.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Nobody will remember you from processing weekend. Worry about passing the physical more. There's no such thing as "trying too hard", where would you come up with that idea? lmao

• jaguarshark meant more or less like trying to be all for the looks lol, someone told me don’t show up with a head looking like academy hair. Definitely can’t try too hard for passing the physical. Either you can do it or you can’t and it will show those who try obviously .

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            CuseSpeedster unless you show up with a pink mohawk or wearing a poka dotted suit, you should be fine. There will be hundreds of people there, so you will likely just blend in with the crowd. As for the PT, you are only able to show off on the run. They will stop you during the push ups and sit ups once you hit your required numbers.

• MJQ1992 Good thing polka-dots aren’t really my thing. To each their own but…multi colored hair and polka dots aren’t on my usual wardrobe options lol.

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Then I imagine you'll be fine at processing. Make sure you get a good nights rest, eat a good breakfast, and bring snacks! You're in for a long two days

• Heard from an Investigator they are trying to put through 3 academy’s simultaneously in July. How is this even possible ?

Comment

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't heard of 3 simultaneous academies. I heard they wanted to run 4 annually. I was told the agency was looking into opening a secondary academy location(temporarily) to make this happen.

• Youngknight
            Youngknight commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard the rumor of having two classes simultaneously. It would make sense, since the state cannot keep up with attrition due to retirements.

The below is directly from the FY2024 budget they are looking to pass:

“• Additional State Police Academy Classes. The Executive Budget includes additional funding
            for the Division of State Police (DSP) to conduct four academy classes, two more than previously planned. These classes will allow DSP to make up for academy classes that were postponed during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as increase the number of troopers dedicated to addressing serious crime.”

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            Youngknight, this corroborates what I've been told. I've heard a rumor that the old Cazenovia campus is being considered for the second academy location. I have no idea if this is true, however.

• What I heard is that there could be an academy in April and September. Not sure if those replace the July academy or in addition to.

Comment

• Commspec22
            Commspec22 commented
            Editing a comment
            How'd you hear that?

• MJQ1992
            MJQ1992 commented
            Editing a comment
            That would still require a second training academy location. If an average class is of 250 Troopers, that means they would have an overlap where they need 500 beds, something Albany is not equipped for.

• Youngknight
            Youngknight commented
            Editing a comment
            I heard about a potential academy outside Syracuse, like MJQ1992 mentioned above.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2440 users online. 130 members and 2310 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X