Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like people who got processed in Aug are doing things in reverse, all my steps are done except the Pysch; which is on this Wednesday. Hopefully, I make it through that and Albany gives me the green light for the final medical. Hope to see everyone in Nov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godfirst View Post
      Whats next for you?
      I got my psych this Wednesday,
      hopefully that goes well and I get some good news from Albany in Oct.

Comment

• Hello everyone. Thought I’d check out this page since I once started here and always appreciated when people told me what to expect. November academy class is coming real soon..which means acceptance letters should be coming in the mail shortly. I cannot stress enough to make sure you’re in shape and ready to go both physically and mentally. You will not have your phone, you will not be able to keep your man bun, and you need to know how to shine your boots. If you don’t know..YouTube is a pretty awesome tool. Learn to keep your mouth closed and open your ears to listen carefully, or you’ll be a ‘Private Pyle’ of the entire class. Get used to having a strict schedule, sooner you start to practice the easier it will be going in. Go to bed at a decent hour and get up early and start running now. You won’t be able to hit the snooze button so get out of that habit. 3 meals a day, snack is usually a protein bar after dinner after the first couple of weeks (unsure if that has changed or not). You need notecards to study. If you aren’t good at taking tests like myself, you’re going to need to study more and keep your weekends free to study and not be out partying. Now is not the time for a social life because your time will become more valuable than ever. The tests are not easy, and you will see people leave after 4/5 months and fail out. The academy is designed to prepare you for the road. Some of the things you go through or see people go through won’t make sense until after, but it all has a reason behind it. Okay I feel like I’m ranting at this point, but good luck to you all and look forward to seeing you walk across the stage at graduation.

Comment

• Anyone have any updates on the November academy and when they will be sending acceptance or dq letters?

Comment

• vegama16
            vegama16 commented
            Editing a comment
            We all know just as much as you do bossman. Anytime between now and when Academy starts. Its tough waiting, but all you can do is just be prepared. Occupy your time getting better every day.

• Has anyone heard anything about a second chance for PAT?

Comment

• vegama16
            vegama16 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not much coming from me, but only “2nd chance” PAT wasnt actually a 2nd chance. Just the medical push-ups and sit-ups…and maybe a 2nd shot during the next processing/academy if you already were invited to the medical portion of the previous processing for the academy.

Have never heard of 2nd chance PAT if you never passed the first one. Your next chance might very well be the next exam.

• So i spoke to a trooper earlier this week she told me they will most likelyreach everybody on this list thats the good news i have

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger16 View Post
            Hello everyone. Thought I’d check out this page since I once started here and always appreciated when people told me what to expect. November academy class is coming real soon..which means acceptance letters should be coming in the mail shortly. I cannot stress enough to make sure you’re in shape and ready to go both physically and mentally. You will not have your phone, you will not be able to keep your man bun, and you need to know how to shine your boots. If you don’t know..YouTube is a pretty awesome tool. Learn to keep your mouth closed and open your ears to listen carefully, or you’ll be a ‘Private Pyle’ of the entire class. Get used to having a strict schedule, sooner you start to practice the easier it will be going in. Go to bed at a decent hour and get up early and start running now. You won’t be able to hit the snooze button so get out of that habit. 3 meals a day, snack is usually a protein bar after dinner after the first couple of weeks (unsure if that has changed or not). You need notecards to study. If you aren’t good at taking tests like myself, you’re going to need to study more and keep your weekends free to study and not be out partying. Now is not the time for a social life because your time will become more valuable than ever. The tests are not easy, and you will see people leave after 4/5 months and fail out. The academy is designed to prepare you for the road. Some of the things you go through or see people go through won’t make sense until after, but it all has a reason behind it. Okay I feel like I’m ranting at this point, but good luck to you all and look forward to seeing you walk across the stage at graduation.
            Thank you, the insight means a lot to those looking forward to the Nov class.

Comment

• I got my psych done yesterday through zoom and it went quite well. That was the last step I had to get done for the process so far. Now the waiting game begins, good luck to everyone waiting on their letters.

Comment

• PSYCH through zoom lmao. Everyday I become more and more shocked by this occupation.

Comment

• AQUAD1509
                  AQUAD1509 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I was just as surprised as you are; I always thought the psych will be an in-person interview.

• dutchessNY89
                  dutchessNY89 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wild. Nothing surprises me anymore though and it’s only been nearly 5 years. Good luck with the process.

• Got my medical invite. Check your emails!

Comment

• Got medical invite. But I failed the poly on one question, despite not lying. I meet with my BI to talk about the results Monday. He said it’s not the end of the process but it’s making me nervous because of how clean my background has been.

Comment

• Got Medical Invite. Just one step closer. Its not over yet.

Comment

• Godfirst
                      Godfirst commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is everyone reporting at the same time?

• Just got the Medical Invite email, one final step to go before the Academy.

Comment

• Godfirst
                      Godfirst commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What time do you have to report

• Originally posted by Godfirst View Post
                    What time do you have to report
                    Mine says 10:30 AM on the 29th.

Comment

• Medical report time at 0830. Anyone else?

Comment

• Shakados
                        Shakados commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah my time is 830

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3685 users online. 237 members and 3448 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X