Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the most common reasons that gets people disqualified in this process? (I.e pft, background, poly etc)

Comment

• When will the medical invites go out for the spring class?

Comment

• For the medical, they make you do the physical again? So the run, pushups & situps? Or is it just the situps and pushups?

Comment

• thingreyline211
        thingreyline211
        Forum Member
        thingreyline211 commented
        Editing a comment
        For medical no physical again, it just consists of getting fitted for uniform and examination by doctor last about 5 minutes.

• The next step after your background is receive a letter to report for uniform fitting and medical. It is NOT in a big envelope because I received one for the august 7th one and went up to do all that. Unfortunately I just missed this last class so I should be at the top of the list for spring 22. My background investigator contacted me thanksgiving eve and did my home visit that week as well he told me my stuff had to be in by December.

Comment

• Idk I just know there’s usually a deadline idk if they all have to be in at a certain time or it’s different for each recruit .

Comment

• Anyone meet with their investigator after taking the poly?

Comment

• No. If you haven’t heard from your BI in a while they’re probably done and it’s already sent.

Comment

• The home visit is the last step that must be completed correct? Or is that conducted based on the BI’s discretion?

I haven’t heard from BI, even after I took poly on the 14th Of December.

Only thing I heard was one of my references being contacted by BI on the 24th of December.

Other than that it has been crickets. Starting to get a little worried.
          Psalm 23:4 (KJV)

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Comment

• And the wait begins ! Hopefully we hear some time next month if we make it in for the medical.

Comment

• Coderedpl
            Coderedpl
            Forum Member
            Coderedpl commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd think by early February maybe into the second week medical invite letters will be going out, for the sole reason of scheduling, and because they'd probably want to get it all done before new class. Judging by previous posts in regards, first or second week

• jluna8
            jluna8
            Forum Member
            jluna8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aren’t Medicals sent out a month before the academy? So wouldn’t that be March? Since the academy is in April?

• Coderedpl
            Coderedpl
            Forum Member
            Coderedpl commented
            Editing a comment
            jluna8
            Forum Member
            jluna8 You need to account for snail-mail, and then scheduling medical itself, so in reality, letters can be sent a few weeks before medical, which the date it falls on could be a month before academy. This is all speculation based on previous posts.

• nycnyspolice
            nycnyspolice
            Forum Member
            nycnyspolice commented
            Editing a comment
            The medical itself is a month before academy start date, but the letters are usually sent a month before the medical date. Hopeful first or second week of Feb as well. Praying Covid does not effect this again.

• Anyone have any suggestions what I could do before the academy starts to be better prepared? Should I buy the constitution and penal code books to study? Maybe study the police alphabet “alpha,Bravo…”. Should I shoot at the range a little? Any of these helpful or would it just be no different than if I jump in in April/May without preparation (other than being physically fit of course) thank you.

Comment

• lunatico86
            lunatico86
            State cop
            lunatico86 commented
            Editing a comment
            I never went to the NYSP Academy, but I completed a 33 week Police Academy led by 7 Marine DIs. Best advice is to get there in the best shape you can be, and to run. a lot. Everything else you'll be taught, but if you cannot withstand PT you won't have the mind for everything else.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark
            Forum Member
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Just be in tip top shape. All of the other things you listed the Academy is going to want to teach you. Any time you spend studying would be better spent doing cardio.

• Buffalo716
            Buffalo716
            Forum Member
            Buffalo716 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d agree w being in tip top shape and if it’s something you really want to do start getting mentally prepared now for the academy. You will be mentally and physically tested everyday if this is the job you want to do. I’m currently in the academy, be prepared to do a lot of push-ups , sit ups, burpees, holding squat position, bear crawls, etc.

• JustHopeful
          Forum Member
          JustHopeful State police does everything differently. Alpha, Bravo isn't used. Instead it’s Adam, Boy, Charles, David, Edward etc. You don’t say things like 10-4. Radio chatter is bare minimum. At least where I work, no traffic stops are called out. Getting used to target practice isn’t bad. But again you can’t really prepare for the range with the stresses of the red shirts behind you. Penal law and constitutional law stuff is a maybe. But if you don’t have context about say arson 3rd and you read it, are you really going to know how it applies in a criminal context?

Best advice is to be physically and mentally prepared. Everything else just learn there.
          dutchessNY89
          Forum Member
          Last edited by dutchessNY89; 01-11-2022, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Is there for sure going to be an academy in april? Budget approved? Covid? When will we know?

Comment

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
            JustHopeful
            Forum Member
            JustHopeful State police does everything differently. Alpha, Bravo isn't used. Instead it’s Adam, Boy, Charles, David, Edward etc. You don’t say things like 10-4. Radio chatter is bare minimum. At least where I work, no traffic stops are called out. Getting used to target practice isn’t bad. But again you can’t really prepare for the range with the stresses of the red shirts behind you. Penal law and constitutional law stuff is a maybe. But if you don’t have context about say arson 3rd and you read it, are you really going to know how it applies in a criminal context?

Best advice is to be physically and mentally prepared. Everything else just learn there.
            You don’t put out car stops. So when you get shot, your SOL. Stupid. Really Epically STUPID.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89
              Forum Member
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              You don’t put it out over the radio. Maybe I wasn’t clear on that part. You’re out on your computer when the reg is ran. Everyone in Troop sees you’re out with what vehicle at what mile marker. Glad to see you’re so paranoid that you think every stop you’re going to get killed. Hope you don’t have a heart attack year 19 right before retirement living like that.

Now I can’t speak for the rest of Division because in my troop we use a different computer system then the rest of the state. So I’m not sure how they use the other software and it’s up to their discretion with T stops.

That aside, want to know WHAT is more stupid than not calling out stops over the air every 2 seconds during a 12 hour tour? Working for CHP and commenting on a NYSP forum when you are unfamiliar with any practices by Division.

Also, On the road which I work I’m more concerned about being hit by another motorist more so than the people I am stopping.

Cheers!
              dutchessNY89
              Forum Member
              Last edited by dutchessNY89; 01-12-2022, 02:56 PM.

• are you sure? 27 weeks from the current class starting ( I think it was September 13th) means it ends the week of March 21st 2022.
            that means another class starts 13 days after the other class ends? That leaves no time for them to schedule a graduation day and give instructors time off. I would love the date to be as soon as possible, I just expected them to give a larger gap between the classes. Thank you for the information!!! Excited

Originally posted by redzone View Post
            April 3rd, it's a go. 100% confirmed.

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark
              Forum Member
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              Schedule a graduation? Instructor time off??? What are you going on about?

It's April 3rd. Huge class.

• 845Trooper
              845Trooper
              Forum Member
              845Trooper commented
              Editing a comment
              April has always been said throughout this whole process . The medical will most likely be in March .

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89
              Forum Member
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              A quick turn around is the least they can do. Getting tired of covering other areas because the lack of bodies. It’s 100 % April.

• Taking the new 2022 test tomorrow. Heard from a few guys that it isn't too bad

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4178 users online. 222 members and 3956 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X